General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

I remember a rumour that went round my school sometime in  '77/78.  An Italian player (Bettega?) was ineligible to play for Italy. They would be disqualified and England were to go to Argentina at their expense. Complete nonsense of course but it took longer to find out in those pre-internet days.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

zoony

Quote from: Slim on March 01, 2021, 15:55:27 pmIt's sometimes forgotten that 1982 was the first World Cup qualification competition that we'd come through successfully since 1962. We qualified in 1966 as hosts, and 1970 as holders.
I was aware of that fact mate being a seasoned quizzer.

Slim

Wonder if Jose's return visit to the Premier League will be coming to an end during the international break? Although personally I don't really see last night's disaster as his own fault.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Slim

Extraordinary remarks from Mourinho this evening about Ole's qualities as a parent. But I did think Ole had spoken out of turn a little.

Fulham are going down now I'm sure, sorry to see that as I like Scott Parker. Shame the relegation places won't go to the wire.

Man City have already won the title but United's second place finish is not assured. The competition for the remaining two CL places is quite tight between West Ham, Chelsea and Liverpool. Tottenham and Everton (with two games in hand) aren't far behind either.

Slim

United's strategy of going a goal down first has worked out very well for them, this season.