• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Alex Lifeson.com

Started by Nick, June 15, 2021, 17:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If he's happy, I'm happy.
Anger is a gift.

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 16, 2021, 12:18:51 PMIf he's happy, I'm happy.
Does it work both ways tho mate?
From the Land of Honest Men.

I love Alex, but I've got no interest in listening to these 2 tracks, the same as I've never had any interest in listening to Victor and My Favourite Headache. I worshipped the 3 of them together as RUSH, you all know that, but I'm just not interested in the solo projects.

That's a shame. Spy House is a much stronger and more accomplished work than anything on Snakes & Arrows, Vapor Trails, Counterparts or Roll The Bones.

Quote from: zoony on June 18, 2021, 14:25:34 PMI love Alex, but I've got no interest in listening to these 2 tracks, the same as I've never had any interest in listening to Victor and My Favourite Headache. I worshipped the 3 of them together as RUSH, you all know that, but I'm just not interested in the solo projects.
Presume you have interest in watching Neils Drum Solos though?

Whats the difference?
The new songs are an abomination

Quote from: Jonners on June 18, 2021, 14:50:36 PMPresume you have interest in watching Neils Drum Solos though?

Whats the difference?
When they were part of a RUSH concert, yes, of course I did. If he had ever gone out on a solo tour doing them though, I wouldn't have gone.

That is the difference.

Shame that mate, a relatively high proportion of Alex's best work is on his solo stuff, particularly playing wise.
The keys to happiness

Yes seems a shame. A bit like liking Wings, but not Paul McCartney. But each to their own :)

Yes, each to their own. The difference between myself, and I would hazard a guess at all the other regular posters on here, is that I have got no interest whatsoever in new music or new bands, and also, no interest in trying out music or bands from era's gone by. I have got a relatively small CD and record collection, but it does me. I don't listen to music all that often these days to be honest, and 95% of what I do listen to is the RUSH back catalogue. That does for me, and I'm happy with that.

"It's like, if you can picture maybe Massive Attack with a little bit of some electronic stuff with Nine Inch Nails influences, with this beautiful, fragile, sweet voice and some very, very dark heavy sounds. That's kind of what this project sounds like."

Think I like the sound of this,.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Looking forward to this
From the Land of Honest Men.

Really looking forward to hearing something with vocals. She has an interesting voice.