Live Interview With Alex Lifeson 30 Jan 21

Started by pxr5, January 30, 2021, 15:05:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Fishy

Nice to hear he has been working on some stuff of his own... whether it sees the light of day is another question...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Jonners

Agreed, and he knows what he can and cant do, so will be bringing in some talent on vocals and the like.

And, he can just let it be his, could be fun
The new songs are an abomination

Mick_W

I stumbled on this when it appeared in my YouTube suggestions. Really enjoyed the interview and I think the timing was just right. Sounds like Alex has finally started moving forwards again even at his age. I loved his comment about how he's old and his guitars are vintage and wished he'd collected more earlier. But seriously a 16ft high ceiling covered in guitars! I wish he'd post a photo of that collection.
Roll The Bones - 1992 x 3
R30 - 2004 x 6
Snakes & Arrows - 2007 x 5
Clockwork Angels - Manchester 2013

Slim

I'd love to see some close up pics of the old ATWAS Les Paul. If he were to sell that one and I could get it for less than £20,000 or so, I'd be tempted.

Jonners

zoony

Jonners

So am I , but I wouldnt spend £20k on a guitar unless it got Alex to come with it a couple of times a year to play it for me!

zoony

Jonners

Quote from: zoony on February 15, 2021, 18:15:16 pmYes, I always had you down as a bit of a posh boy mate.
Humble beginnings from back to backs in Dewsbury, but doing OK now

Still, that's a lot of cash for a guitar! Would it appreciate in value? No idea

Slim

I'm not loaded but I could afford £20k for something that means as much to me as that guitar, even though I've never seen it except in photos. It would knock a big hole in my savings account but it would be worth it.

zoony

Quote from: Slim on June 08, 2021, 11:11:29 amI'm not loaded but I could afford £20k for something that means as much to me as that guitar, even though I've never seen it except in photos. It would knock a big hole in my savings account but it would be worth it.
Savings account? Don't even have one of those

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on June 08, 2021, 19:52:17 pmSavings account? Don't even have one of those
Well, that's good because at the moment a pension is a lot better! ;)