• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Giro D'Italia 2020

Started by Bez, September 30, 2020, 14:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking forward to the second of the year's grand tours...

Looks like plenty of British interest at the sharp end with Simon Yates and G amongst the favourites....

If anyone fonds any decent odds please let me know...Skybet are offering 1/4 for the top 3 e/w which is pretty pants...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Not a gambling man so I have no great idea on any odds. Only ones I've seen have G as firm favourite.

Nice to see Ben Swift getting a ride, after his cousin Connor finished the Tour. Wonder if he can better his 113th place from when he rode the Giro in 2014?
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 01, 2020, 22:56:25 PMNot a gambling man so I have no great idea on any odds. Only ones I've seen have G as firm favourite.

Nice to see Ben Swift getting a ride, after his cousin Connor finished the Tour. Wonder if he can better his 113th place from when he rode the Giro in 2014?
G des seem to be firm favourite, so I've backed some of the other contenders....Kelderman & Kruijsweg (sp?). I may have had a flutter on Geghan Hart at 200-1 & MA Lopez at 40-1 who blew up spectacularly in thr TdF...

Good start for G
Possibly better start for Yates

Miguel Angel Lopez blew up spectacularly! Hope he recovers - deep abdominal laceration near the iliac artery.

Funny how those who didn't do well - hi Victor Campanaerts - blamed a dangerous course.

A fortnight on Thursday they climb the Stelvio - today it was -7C and snowing heavily...

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Is it on TV anywhere?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Eurosport I believe.

However I watch highlights on Quest at 7pm - makes you appreciate how good Ned and Dave are.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Wish I could have seen Liege-Bastogne-Liege today. Roglic/Alaphillipe/Pogacar/Hirschi battling it out. Alaphilipe thought he'd won, celebrated too soon, got passed ny Roglic and then was demoted for cutting up Hirschi in the sprint.

Lizzy Deignan won the women's L-B-L too,

Oh, and Diego Uiissi won in the Giro today.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

That's that over for G and probably Yatesy too :(

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Its a funny old game!

Hart could now be Ineos's main man....my 50p each way at 200/1 could save my Giro!

Thomas has now withdrawn from the event after a second set of scans identified a fracture in his hip...

merely a flesh wound.....

He and Richie Porte have to be the unluckiest riders around
The new songs are an abomination

Yates out having tested positive for COVID....

At least we've had a British stage winner: Alex Dowsett :)

Young Matthew Holmes in third too.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 10, 2020, 16:42:06 PMAt least we've had a British stage winner: Alex Dowsett :)

Young Matthew Holmes in third too.
Yep, good stuff....caught the last 10 mins live....I'll watch the highlights later to see how it unfolded....

Tomorrow looks interesting with a few decent "lumps" on the course...

Mitchelton & Jumbo out due to positive COVID tests within the teams....looks like its going to unravel pretty quickly.

I wonder if anyone will make a bid for the leads based on the fact that the tour may be called off at any moment?