• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

TdF 2020

Started by Bez, August 27, 2020, 17:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think a bit of acknowledgement to the sprinters is due.

Sam Bennett hit an average speed of 66km/h for the final 100m yesterday. That's after 3500km of riding. Not to mention the risk and skill involved in racing at that speed wheel to wheel with your competitors. Chapeau!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Quote from: Jonners on September 21, 2020, 10:09:01 AMBit harsh on the riders Bez! Surely a sound reprimand and try harder next time would suffice
:D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Quote from: döm on September 21, 2020, 10:51:59 AMI think a bit of acknowledgement to the sprinters is due.

Sam Bennett hit an average speed of 66km/h for the final 100m yesterday. That's after 3500km of riding. Not to mention the risk and skill involved in racing at that speed wheel to wheel with your competitors. Chapeau!
Yep, sorry...I was taking nothing away from the sprinters...more the idea that the "race" finishes the day before the end of the event...it was discussed on commentary yesterday around what would happen if Podacar had suffered a mechanical or crash. Would the rest of the GC riders have got off and waited while the sprinter's teams carried on for the bunch sprint??
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Quote from: Bez on September 21, 2020, 11:44:37 AMYep, sorry...I was taking nothing away from the sprinters...more the idea that the "race" finishes the day before the end of the event...it was discussed on commentary yesterday around what would happen if Podacar had suffered a mechanical or crash. Would the rest of the GC riders have got off and waited while the sprinter's teams carried on for the bunch sprint??
Yes, this is true.  I think Nick might have been referring to the TDF when they left the time trial to the last day and Lemond pipped Fignon to the title.  I suppose as the Frenchman lost, the organisers decided that wasn't a good idea to repeat!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid