• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Neil Peart RIP

Started by Chris Quartly, January 10, 2020, 22:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infrequent poster on here but came on to say thank you Neil Peart.

A search through my posts will show I was lucky to meet him a few times and always stood up for him under fierce criticism on here. A misunderstood individual for certain amongst some Rush fans.

In the bigger world a genuine inspiration and hero.

I have few he was one.
Glasgow Apollo '79 x 2
Glasgow Apollo '80 x 2
Deeside Leisure Centre '81
Wembley Arena'81
Ingleston'81
Ingleston'83
Glasgow SECC 2004
Glasgow SECC 2007
Glasgow SECC 2011
Glasgow SECC 2013

Must be true, the BBC are reporting it now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51072190
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Just feck!

😔💔😢

Awful news.

Feel numb  :-\
His visions lifelike and full of imagination,
it's strange to think they came from such a tiny head.

Watching BTLS now. Watched it a zillion times but this time it feels personal. Absolutely gutted. He has been ever present in my life so this feels eerily personal.

Watching videos on YouTube and remembering.... :'(
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Really sorry to hear this.. terrible news and a sad day indeed...
From the Land of Honest Men.

What a way to come back to TNMS.

I simply feel numb. It feels unreal tbh.

His poor little girl and wife. :'(
And then there were two...

As shocked as we all are. These 3 guys have brought me lots of joy and opened up musical doors for me over the last 40 years. So sad that Neil didn't get to see out his retirement by the sea. A big flame buffeted and snuffed out far to soon.
"As soon as you stop believing you will win, you've started to lose"

A life defined by achievement but marred by unbelievable tragedy.
RIP Neil :'(

Quote from: Bez on January 10, 2020, 23:59:51 PMI looked down my Facebook feed earlier and realised that so many of my FB friends are Rush fans and are folk I've met though the music.

thanks Neil x
Can only echo that Bez, frankly not in the least bit surprised or embarrased by how bloody upset I am...

It's quite a remarkable fact that this band has brought so many of us together over the years and that so many of us remain good friends...

Just heard this shocking news on Sky news. Like a lot have SAID already, they were a big part of my life from 13 onwards. RIP.

Haven't been on here for a while!! 
Can't sleep still can't believe he is gone the world just doesn't seem the same without him! Ill for 31/2 years and dead for three days before fans found out typical Neil!! Wish I'd known though so I could have prepared for the news today looking on social media and seeing RIP Neil trending just doesn't feel right!! Thanks for everything Neil you got me through my teens and 20's you will be missed
STARMAN1888

Can't believe this, seems unreal. Added so much to my life.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Neil was truly one of my drumming heroes. Especially the AFtK to MP period always left a deep impression. He is one the reasons I started playing drums.
It is a sad day.
RIP professor.
Arrogance Is Bliss