Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

We took out little Bonnie to a Dachshund meet earlier. 60 of them galloping around a field is a sight to behold.

Richard_2112

As one door closes another opens; after not getting the deputy manager position at work I've got an interview to become a new starter trainer this coming Friday!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

pdw1

Quote from: Richard_2112 on June 07, 2021, 18:21:58 pmAs one door closes another opens; after not getting the deputy manager position at work I've got an interview to become a new starter trainer this coming Friday!
Good luck mate
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Pricey

Quote from: pxr5 on June 06, 2021, 19:38:39 pmWe took out little Bonnie to a Dachshund meet earlier. 60 of them galloping around a field is a sight to behold.
Was that in Lytham ? 

kate spotted it too late , and I had committed to golf Saturday morning. 

can you post the next one ? Or link me to it , we'd bring our Tilly up to meet a few other dogs in an attempt to socialize her following lockdown
I'm older than I wish to be

dom

Refreshing and a little surprising to see such brutal honesty by a cabinet minister in the Johnson Government.

Geotge Eustace described the agreement reached with the EU with regard to Northern Ireland as  "bonkers".

A deal fellow members of his Government formulated and signed off on less than 6 months ago. 

Wonder if this marks a new stage in Johnson's leadership, where honesty takes over from deception as the order if the day? I doubt it but it was nice to hear nonetheless.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

pdw1

Quote from: dom on June 08, 2021, 18:43:46 pmRefreshing and a little surprising to see such brutal honesty by a cabinet minister in the Johnson Government.

Geotge Eustace described the agreement reached with the EU with regard to Northern Ireland as  "bonkers".

A deal fellow members of his Government formulated and signed off on less than 6 months ago.

Wonder if this marks a new stage in Johnson's leadership, where honesty takes over from deception as the order if the day? I doubt it but it was nice to hear nonetheless.
It is always someone else's fault

pxr5

Quote from: Pricey on June 08, 2021, 13:58:40 pmWas that in Lytham ?

kate spotted it too late , and I had committed to golf Saturday morning.

can you post the next one ? Or link me to it , we'd bring our Tilly up to meet a few other dogs in an attempt to socialize her following lockdown
Yes in Lytham (Lytham fields). I'm not on facebook, so my wife organised our dog to go. The fb group is Northwest Dachshund Owners and they advertise when it's next on. We heard they will be doing it monthly and costs a few quid. If we hear when the next one is on I'll let you know and send on the link. It's a good social event for Dachshunds and last 90 minutes.

zoony

Saw one of the main blood doctors at the hospital yesterday, and I finally got a diagnosis. I was suffering from something called Vasculitis, which is a rare disorder where your immune system starts to attack your blood vessels. I don't need any treatment for it as my body has actually now fought it off by itself, which is good news. I told the doctor that I was still feeling very weak and lethargic, and he advised me to get plenty of rest, and try to build myself back up again, which I am trying my best to do. He gave me a sick note until the 25th of July, which is my summer sorted. Got to see the doctor at a different hospital now about possible rheumatoid arthritis, which is actually linked to the Vasculitis.

Bisto

Quote from: zoony on June 10, 2021, 22:11:56 pmSaw one of the main blood doctors at the hospital yesterday, and I finally got a diagnosis. I was suffering from something called Vasculitis, which is a rare disorder where your immune system starts to attack your blood vessels. I don't need any treatment for it as my body has actually now fought it off by itself, which is good news. I told the doctor that I was still feeling very weak and lethargic, and he advised me to get plenty of rest, and try to build myself back up again, which I am trying my best to do. He gave me a sick note until the 25th of July, which is my summer sorted. Got to see the doctor at a different hospital now about possible rheumatoid arthritis, which is actually linked to the Vasculitis.
Sorry to hear that Rob but pleased to know it's not a worse diagnosis. At least you know you can beat this yourself with proper rest, recuperation and then get back to the routine that served you so well previously.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on June 10, 2021, 22:11:56 pmSaw one of the main blood doctors at the hospital yesterday, and I finally got a diagnosis. I was suffering from something called Vasculitis, which is a rare disorder where your immune system starts to attack your blood vessels. I don't need any treatment for it as my body has actually now fought it off by itself, which is good news. I told the doctor that I was still feeling very weak and lethargic, and he advised me to get plenty of rest, and try to build myself back up again, which I am trying my best to do. He gave me a sick note until the 25th of July, which is my summer sorted. Got to see the doctor at a different hospital now about possible rheumatoid arthritis, which is actually linked to the Vasculitis.
At least you know what you got and you are fighting it off. Good luck with everything.

pdw1

Been to the pub tonight with a bunch of friends for a good old piss up. First time in ages....

dom

What a headcase of a Party....😂

"Senior DUP source has just told me he expects DUP party officers will inform Edwin Poots today they have no confidence in him as leader of the party." @StephenNolan
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

dom

Looks like its a simple pleasure for Arlene too!

"Just had a lovely lunch @DeanesAtQueens with a good friend. It's great hospitality is open again- Hope everyone is having a great day this lovely sunny afternoon. #ProudofNI"
@ArleneFosterUK

Bisto

Went to my first Record Fair since before the first lock down  today,...come to think of it...the first one in a few years; it was an absolute pleasure to thumb through so many boxes of new, rare and some super expensive vinyl (not that I bought any of the latter mind)....there was a lot of vinyl there that you'd struggle to find even in a good and large second hand record store....it was also fun to be able to chat to fellow music lovers in the flesh and watch some of the serious collectors haggling over obscure 7" Punk singles; I made my selections then popped over to Music Discovery 2 for a catch up with Matt the Hat and would you Adam and Eve it, I somehow ended up departing with a few more....nothing too exotic apart from a few more Pysch/Stoner albums but I was pleased with my haul for the day... particularly the ZZTop 2×10" coloured discs and 6 of the 180gm Genesis reissues, which were a steal..(not literally)
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

I've managed to finish eating all of my main meal for the last 6 days running now. So glad that I've finally got my appetite back after being so unwell, and hopefully I can now start putting some weight back on, and building myself back up again.