What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 11:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Analog RH

Miles Davis - Teatro dell'Arte, Milan 11.10.64 (on YouTube)
Nail Bomber: Manhunt (Netflix)
Storyville: Whirlybird: Live Above LA (iPlayer)
Jonestown - The Life and Death of the Peoples Temple (YouTube)
Genesis: A History 1967 - 1977 (YouTube)
Charles Manson: The Final Word (YouTube)

pxr5

Rattling through series 6 of Fear the Walking Dead. It's better than The Walking Dead, but they sure are running out of ideas for the baddies.

captainkurtz

The flight attendant.

2 episodes in.  It's not very good so far.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Russian Doll

Enthusiastically recommended by a friend of mine, so I rattled through its 8 short episodes.

Enjoyed it overall - some sublime moments, but perhaps some slight wobbles on the finale's landing; looking forward to season two though.
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 30, 2021, 21:04:03 pmThe flight attendant.

2 episodes in.  It's not very good so far.
Gave up after 4 episodes.  Shite.
Anger is a gift.

Straight Shooter

Once Were Brothers : Robbie Robertson & The Band.
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Jonners

Somehow I jave managed to fall asleep in every episode of Mare of Eastown now

Not a good sign
The new songs are an abomination

GlezgaRed

Quote from: Jonners on June 07, 2021, 11:35:35 amSomehow I jave managed to fall asleep in every episode of Mare of Eastown now

Not a good sign

We've 2 episodes to go, has been excellent so far.

Watched The Pact before Mare of Eastown and it was okay.
Glasgow 1988, 1992, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2013
Prague 2004
Stockholm 2007
Dublin 2011
Newcastle 2011
Manchester 2013
Amsterdam 2013
Koln 2013
Berlin 2013
Vancouver 2015
Seattle 2015
Portland 2015

zoony

Caught up with a 3 parter last night called God's Of Snooker. If you're a fan, it was very entertaining, and focused on snooker throughout the 70s to the mid 90s, mainly focusing on Higgins, Davis, White and Hendry. Bit surprising to here a lot of ex players talking using some quite choice language, which you don't hear at The Crucible. It made me laugh when Jimmy White was talking about the time that he was a cocaine addict, but he managed to keep it very well hidden from his day to day snooker career. He described taking crack as like sucking the devil's dick, as it was that evil.

dom

On Becoming a God in Central Florida (Netflix)
2 episodes in and really enjoying it. Kirsten Dunst is fantastic
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Jonners

Loki

New Marvel Series on Disney+

I am very much liking the Marvel Mini series they are doing, This, Wanda, winter Soldier etc

its more character driven, less massive fight scenes (hardly any in this one so far)

and, Loki is one of my fave characters, he and Thor bring some much needed comedy to the Avengers Franchise in my opinion

dom

Quote from: Jonners on June 07, 2021, 11:35:35 amSomehow I jave managed to fall asleep in every episode of Mare of Eastown now

Not a good sign
Really enjoyed this.  Really clever intertwining of her personal life and police work as would be inevitable in a small town where you lived and worked.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Jonners

I think the bits I saw were very good. I just kept nodding off......

I fell asleep at the last Rush gig I attended though, so go figure

pxr5

Finished the latest season of Fear the Walking Dead. It was a bit daft before at times but the second half of this series was just ridiculous. I won't spoil it, but something majorly unbelievable happens at the end. Suffice to say, there will be more of this nonsense to come.