'The Spirit Of Radio' Covered By THE POLYPHONIC SPREE

Started by pdw1, May 05, 2021, 18:40:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

THE POLYPHONIC SPREE has just released a music video for its performance of "The Spirit Of Radio" by RUSH, the 1980 hit song by the legendary Canadian rock band. The song is featured on "Afflatus", THE POLYPHONIC SPREE's new album of cover songs, which came out on April 16. Now, fans can watch THE POLYPHONIC SPREE perform the song live, captured during the 12-hour session for "Afflatus", just before the world shutdown in March 2020.

"We knew it was probably going to be the last time we saw each other for a long time," reminisces frontman Tim DeLaughter, "and the next day, everything started to close."

Like THE POLYPHONIC SPREE's cover of "She's A Rainbow" by THE ROLLING STONES, the band's history with "The Spirit Of Radio" goes all the way back to the 1980s. "I covered it with my high school band, REGENCY, so for nostalgic reasons, we thought it would be fun to try it with THE SPREE," says DeLaughter.

https://youtu.be/pOOON9DZeTM
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

Reg

This led me to discover this new video from Rush. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

pdw1

Quote from: Reg on May 05, 2021, 18:48:00 pmThis led me to discover this new video from Rush. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Never apologise for more Rush  :)

DavidL

Jonners

Amazing how a vocalist can immediately spoil something for me. It must be the hardest thing for any band to get right.

Even though Geddys vocals are/were marmite, back in the day when he could hold a note they fit the music and sounded right.

These dont
The new songs are an abomination

captainkurtz

Saw PS around 2004.  They were mental in a very good way.
Anger is a gift.

Slim

I think it's OK but doesn't really add anything to the original. Not keen on the processed vocals. Something a bit different would be nice. Strong performance, just not a very interesting one.