The European Super League

Started by Slim, April 19, 2021, 10:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: DavidL on April 21, 2021, 15:04:45 pmEasy to see why Alan Shearer became a footballer as he calls for the Premier League to immediately ban the six ESL clubs. Errr.. it's about the fans, Alan. Stick to trousering a small fortune for telling people what they can see with their own eyes mate

Ridiculous suggestion. For one thing, what have they actually done at this point? Secondly the telly money simply would not wear it.

On a similar note, have you noticed how the same two teams always make the final of the Boat Race? I'm starting to think that might be a closed shop as well.

How can it be a sport when Cambridge have no chance of being relegated, and poor Teesside University and similar establishments simply can't ever break into the top tier?

Bisto

Quote from: Slim on April 22, 2021, 12:30:34 pmRidiculous suggestion. For one thing, what have they actually done at this point? Secondly the telly money simply would not wear it.

On a similar note, have you noticed how the same two teams always make the final of the Boat Race? I'm starting to think that might be a closed shop as well.

How can it be a sport when Cambridge have no chance of being relegated, and poor Teesside University and similar establishments simply can't ever break into the top tier?
I can see the obvious sarcasm of your post but in order for that to work the two sports need to be comparable, they aren't. Perhaps I'm missing your point.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

I see a lot of people are calling for the 6 English clubs involves to be hit with some kind of punishment, including possible points deductions. Why, they have done NOTHING wrong. The managers, staff and players knew nothing about it! Tbe only 6 people who need to be punished are the owners.

Bisto

Quote from: Bisto on April 20, 2021, 23:30:22 pm
He's not leaving until the end of the year unfortunately....a statement put out by the club claimed that this was pre planned.... he'll no doubt be replaced by another yes man with a Finance background and no relevant football experience.
I find this a little difficult to believe, but supposedly, Joel Glazer kept Woodward completely in the dark over the matter the entire time the plot was being hatched, and was apparently only told about it then minutes before Glazer's announcement went live on the club website. The story goes that Woodward resigned following a meeting with Harry Maguire who confronted him on behalf of the players and conveyed  their complete opposition to the ESL, anger at the way the board had gone about setting it up without prior consultation and then presented it as a fair accompli. Apparently Woodward had planned to stay in his current position until 2026. 
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.