• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Cherry Audio "Polymode" (based on Polymoog)

Started by Reg, February 02, 2021, 20:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

February 02, 2021, 20:39:11 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 20:41:16 PM by Reg
For $29 (£22.12 in UK money - why couldn't it have come out at £21.12? Ho hum), I just couldn't resist this. Based on the Polymoog, as used in Gary Numan's Cars amongst other things back in the day.

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/polymode-synthesizer

And yes, having installed it, there are a couple of "Cars" presets.

Also, I was intrigued to find a preset called "Tom Sawyer" which brought a grin to my face when I tried it.

Looking forward to hooking my keyboard up to this for a play tomorrow.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Quote from: Reg on February 02, 2021, 20:39:11 PMFor $29 (£22.12 in UK money - why couldn't it have come out at £21.12? Ho hum), I just couldn't resist this. Based on the Polymoog, as used in Gary Numan's Cars amongst other things back in the day.

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/polymode-synthesizer

And yes, having installed it, there are a couple of "Cars" presets.

Also, I was intrigued to find a preset called "Tom Sawyer" which brought a grin to my face when I tried it.

Looking forward to hooking my keyboard up to this for a play tomorrow.
I wish I was a bit more computer savvy to get comfortable with softsynths. It would open up a lot of opportunities for me. I like to mess around with the minimoog free download on my iPad from time to time. Fascinates me that this is even possible. Realms of fantasy for an old git like me.

Cherry Audio have got a new release which I intend to get. Same price as the Polymoog. Based on the Oberheim Eight Voice (1977), which might have been used on Moving Pictures I think? Ah no - just checked, and that was an OB-Xa. A successor to the 8 voice.

Anyhoo - here is a brief trailer:

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide