Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bisto

Quote from: dom on May 06, 2021, 13:52:04 pmNot even this made you laugh ?....

Nope.....sorry, nothing personal Dom.....woke up (this morning...etc.) feeling listless...think I might be coming down with a case of ennui....
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 15:11:52 pmVirtue-signalling, jug-eared goal-hanger caught off-side by the revenue

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker in HMRC crosshairs over £4.9m tax bill (yahoo.com)
His accountants doing what they are being paid to do, more like.
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 07, 2021, 15:19:25 pmHis accountants doing what they are being paid to do, more like.
Yes, of course, they are complicit in his failure to pay his fair share

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 15:34:25 pmYes, of course, they are complicit in his failure to pay his fair share
Tax planning/management, innit.
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

May 07, 2021, 15:55:47 pm #2345 Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 16:08:09 pm by DavidL
Quote from: captainkurtz on May 07, 2021, 15:39:55 pmTax planning/management, innit.
Also known as aggressive tax avoidance ;)

Seems that HMRC have another name for Gary....."disguised employee" (and that doesn't refer to that silly thing on his chin)

And we all know who pays the lions share of his wages ...via the BBC

Bisto

May 07, 2021, 16:08:24 pm #2346 Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 16:23:21 pm by Bisto
Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 15:55:47 pmAlso known as aggressive tax avoidance ;)
I'd have absolutely no hesitation at all in doing the same if I ever acquired that kind of money, wouldn't you? Be honest now!😉 

One of the great things about fantasising over a huge lottery win is the thought of all the good you could do with the money for people/causes that would really benefit from it and need it the most....I don't trust any Government to spend my meager tax revenue wisely/practically/ethically as it is, I'd much rather be in a position to mete it out myself.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on May 07, 2021, 16:08:24 pmI'd have absolutely no hesitation at all in doing the same if I ever acquired that kind of money, wouldn't you? Be honest now!😉 

I may well do but I would think twice about adopting the pious and sanctimonious position on social issues that Lineker is so keen to promote on social media etc.

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 16:18:45 pmI may well do but I would think twice about adopting the pious and sanctimonious position on social issues that Lineker is so keen to promote on social media etc.
I'm sure wealthy people who are the very opposite of insufferable pedlars of overcompensating, tone-deaf wokery and bad puns manage their financial affairs very much like Lineker does.

Seems unfair to single him out.
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

You're guilty of the same virtue signalling yourself, DavidL....

Aggressive tax avoidance?  You mean, actively avoiding paying tax that you can avoid through effective tax planning?  I've done that.  Running a business it would be negligent not to do so.  I mean I know Boris has to pay for childcare and wallpaper and all that, but, yeah, feck that.

Maybe the govt/HMRC should try and go after some of the big boys - we all know who they are - instead of the linekars/gary barlows of this world.  The papers can go and feck off as well.  Complete fecking maggots.
Anger is a gift.

Nïckslïkk2112

Green list travel countries have been published and the following are on:

• Falkland Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

They'd do me, miles from anywhere and next to no people about. I could manage that :)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 07, 2021, 18:22:11 pmGreen list travel countries have been published and the following are on:

• Falkland Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

They'd do me, miles from anywhere and next to no people about. I could manage that :)
Might be called upon to repel the Argies with a pitchfork though

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 18:23:40 pmMight be called upon to repel the Argies with a pitchfork though
Bring 'em on! They don't like it up 'em!

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 07, 2021, 17:30:47 pmYou're guilty of the same virtue signalling yourself, DavidL....

Aggressive tax avoidance?  You mean, actively avoiding paying tax that you can avoid through effective tax planning?  I've done that.  Running a business it would be negligent not to do so.  I mean I know Boris has to pay for childcare and wallpaper and all that, but, yeah, feck that.

Maybe the govt/HMRC should try and go after some of the big boys - we all know who they are - instead of the linekars/gary barlows of this world.  The papers can go and feck off as well.  Complete fecking maggots.
There's tax planning and there's taking the piss.

I hope the sanctimonious, holier than thou, jug-eared twat gets taken to the cleaners. he was a shite footballer too.

As far as I'm concerned he is one of the big boys. One year of his salary - post PAYE and NI - would do Mrs S and me for the rest of our days, even if we lived to 100.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Matt2112

May 07, 2021, 19:47:04 pm #2354 Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 19:52:52 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 07, 2021, 19:29:42 pmThere's tax planning and there's taking the piss.

There's avoidance and there's evasion, in other words.

The difference is the thin line drawn by the stroke of a politician's pen.

Blame Dishy - him and his missus are sitting on the kind of wealth that the likes of Lineker can only dream of.
The keys to happiness