• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This was nice with Chili flakes and carrot added.Pearl Barley takes a long time to cook but probably overlooked as a tasty ingredient instead of rice/pasta. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pearl_barley_with_21752
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Taco shells filled with mince, salsa and grated cheddar, vegetable fries and salad.

A wee lunchtime dram of Highland Park 18yo to celebrate my old dad's birthday :)
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

For my tea after work yesterday I had sea bass, sweet potato wedges and broccoli.

Tea or Dinner for the evening meal? ..I always refer to it as Tea but my sister-in-law chastises me every time I say it.

Quote from: Nick on October 30, 2020, 19:32:06 PMTea or Dinner for the evening meal? ..I always refer to it as Tea but my sister-in-law chastises me every time I say it.
It was always tea in our house.
Working class - tea.
Middle class - dinner

Speaking as a middle-class Northerner it's Tea.

Whenever I return from a hard day's toil at the spreadsheets I always ask of Mrs S: Nah then mi duck, what's for tea toneet?
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

To me, the midday meal has always been known as dinner, probably because we used to have our 'school dinners' between 12 and 1pm. Late afternoon or early evening meal was always referred to as tea when I was a kid, and it is still tea to me now.

A nice bit of Drury lane ham with a generous amount of mustard spread on on it, and sliced vine tomatoes on a couple of seeded wholemeal baguettes.

Smoked bacon, egg and mushroom on walnut cob bread.

Been under the weather for a couple of weeks, thankfully starting to pick up now though. Been trying to eat some more hearty food to try and build myself back up. Just had a nice hot bowl of chicken and vegetable broth with some buttered wholemeal toast dipped in it.

Lovely roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, mange tout and stuffing.

January 22, 2021, 22:31:54 PM #852 Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:55:39 AM by Matt2112
Mixed grill collected from a (fairly) local Greek restaurant.  Bit pricey, but it's nice to treat yourselves from time to time. :)
The keys to happiness

Monkfish and prawn pasta

Home made red pepper lentil and bacon soup
From the Land of Honest Men.