This is Coronavirus- Do not panic!

Started by rufus_the_dawg, February 28, 2020, 20:23:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Quote from: Slim on April 26, 2021, 15:19:17 pmMichael was in Israel a few days ago, hoping to gain from their experience on COVID certification. I think he may be back now.
Ah Israel, a common haunt for Boris' cabinet. I hope he got some advice from Patel on where to go and who to see.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Time for our semi-regular bout of Good News Curiously Not Widely Reported By The 4HRotCA:

From the Evening Standard (my emphasis):

Quote from: undefinedBritons who have been fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter Greece using their paper handwritten NHS card, ministers have said.
Quote from: undefined
Harry Theoharis, the Greek tourism minister, told The Times his country was ready to welcome British tourists and the vaccination cards would be satisfactory proof of inoculation.

"Until the UK has a digital passport, we have seen the paper cards that are provided with the two vaccine appointment dates and we are recognising them. They can be used on the ground and at the borders," he said.
The cards will be accepted while the UK and EU work on developing a digital health certificate.
Mr Theoharis added that random spot testing would take place on arrivals, with measures increased if an influx in positive cases were to arise.

From inshorts (my emphasis):

Quote from: undefinedPortugal on Monday (26th April) reported zero deaths due to COVID-19 for the first time in nearly nine months, the health authority said. The last time the country had reported no coronavirus-related deaths was on August 3. About 20% of Portugal's 10 million people have now been inoculated with one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while 7% have been fully vaccinated.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

April 29, 2021, 08:09:52 am #2312 Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:20:58 am by DavidL
Another 60 million doses ordered. Looks inevitable now that even those that have had two doses of the vaccine will be told their behaviour will be restricted until they've had third jab this autumn.
Van Tam is so desperate to stay on message he's begun talking nonsense with no hint of embarrassment. Expect to hear, "no one's protected until we're all protected" ....a lot
You have to wonder why the government have gone for Pfizer, given the cost and storage issues

DavidL

Bisto

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

Me, Wendy and Greg have had our appointments for our second jabs on the 5th of May. Whatever you political views, or how you think the pandemic has been handled. I think the vaccine roll out has been an outstanding success. I fully expected not to be done until September at the earliest.

DavidL

April 30, 2021, 00:04:47 am #2318 Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 01:02:43 am by DavidL
The worsening situation in India is causing some to demand that the covid vaccine companies need to have their monopoly on production broken in order to allow poorer countries to produce for themselves. Some say it is essential to prevent a humanitarian disaster.
Unfortunately there's one extremely powerful person opposed to the waiving of patents - Bill Gates

https://observer.com/2021/04/bill-gates-oppose-lifting-covid-vaccine-patent-interview/

Matt2112

I see Layla Moran is being given plenty of air-time by the 4HRotCA, having fronted a cross-party group insisting that non-essential travel should be "discouraged".  Her co-signatories include Caroline Lucas, hence you can bet your boots that if there were no viruses at all in circulation anywhere across the globe, their message would be precisely the same.

Fortunately, Boris is suggesting there will be a much more sensible policy applied later this week that will hopefully send deranged zero-Covid cranks like Moran and Lucas back off to their subterranean bunkers with a flea in their ear.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 04, 2021, 13:58:51 pmFortunately, Boris is suggesting there will be a much more sensible policy applied later this week that will hopefully send deranged zero-Covid cranks like Moran and Lucas back off to their subterranean bunkers with a flea in their ear.
Talking of deranged zero-Covid cranks. Liz Truss had a torrid time on the Julia Hartley-Brewer show this morning. It may have been a mistake but she mentioned "eradicating" Covid. JHB certainly made sure she regretted that

zoony

Me, Wendy and Greg all had our 2nd jabs on Wednesday. Job done for now then. Time for the youngsters to start growing a pair and get themselves sorted now.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on May 07, 2021, 13:29:56 pmJob done for now then. 
Until the autumn

Quote from: zoony on May 07, 2021, 13:29:56 pmTime for the youngsters to start growing a pair and get themselves sorted now.
Unnecessary (£££££££££££££££££££££!)

Bisto

Quote from: DavidL on May 07, 2021, 13:36:51 pmUntil the autumn
And/or the following Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter etc., etc.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Richard_2112

Quote from: zoony on May 07, 2021, 13:29:56 pmTime for the youngsters to start growing a pair and get themselves sorted now.
Well they've only just made the vaccine available to over 40s so give us a chance first...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.