• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Iain Banks

Started by Nick, October 20, 2002, 15:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

They were discussing his propsal to his partner yesterday on Radio 2. Sad news. Read a lit of his stuff years ago but got a bit repetitive.
Never trust a man with a weak chin.

Quote from: dwtty on April 05, 2013, 09:38:56 AM
Read a lit of his stuff years ago but got a bit repetitive.

Meandering maybe, but never repetitive... ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Funny enough popped down to Mumbles yesterday and bought 'The Algebrist' in a book fair in the Methodist Chapel. Cost me 50p so worth a go.
Never trust a man with a weak chin.

Quote from: Bisto on April 04, 2013, 19:27:44 PM
I fecking hate cancer!  >:( >:( >:(
I know. Me mum has been battling with it for nearly 5 years now.  :(

I've read most of Banks' books (as Iain, and Iain M), and have just started Stonemouth. Quite amusing in places.  :)

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Just read that he's died. Damn, that was quick. What a shame.

That's him away the Crow Road now  : :( :'(

Very quick it would seem. At least the old cliche of "at least he didn't suffer" seems to be appropriate here.
#herewego10inarow

Farewell to a wonderful mind. Xxx

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Always enjoyed him being interviewed; seemed a sound bloke.  :(

This Wednesday 9pm (?), BBC2 Scotland are scheduled to show him recently interviewed by Kirsty Wark, following his 'announcement'.
If they've any sense, the whole network should now show it.
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

At The Who gig in Glasgow on Wednesday, Pete Townsend dedicated Behind Blue Eyes to Iain Banks.

There's a tribute prog on the tv early next week....around 10PM (ish) maybe bbc2....I'll try and check
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Quote from: Bez on June 15, 2013, 07:31:31 AM
There's a tribute prog on the tv early next week....around 10PM (ish) maybe bbc2....I'll try and check

It was shown in Scotland last Wednesday and is already on iPlayer. Just checked the listings and you are getting an edited half hour version of the one hour original. The full version is here (for another 4 days).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b02xf70k/