• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Hols 2021

Started by Nick, April 26, 2021, 19:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can't see us going abroad for the foreseeable future....it will be years, decades even, before we exhaust the delights of Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire...not to mention South Wales....all of which are within easy enough striking distance from us now.
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

I need to get off this "Plague Island", where the positive test rate is c.4%, and go somewhere where the rate is more like, say, 0.1%  ::)
The keys to happiness

QuoteI must find out where we're going in July. I'll have to start a conversation about it, and hope that the location is mentioned in passing. I daren't just ask.

We had a really nice time at the southernmost tip of Devon. The weather was kind overall. Well worth tolerating the awful stony up and down narrow roads with passing places that you have to take to go anywhere.

Excellent James.  Though as holiday destinations go, the sands aren't bleached enough for my liking. :)
The keys to happiness

QuoteWell worth tolerating the awful stony up and down narrow roads with passing places that you have to take to go anywhere.

Yes, that is a problem with Devon. It wouldn't be that difficult to put the occasional one in would it?

Week in Cornwall next week.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

QuoteWeek in Cornwall next week.
Take a mask, it's likely to be crowded  ;D ;)

Hopefully things won't escalate much further as I've just booked  a night away in Grasmere in August.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection