• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Hols 2021

Started by Nick, April 26, 2021, 19:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can't see us going abroad for the foreseeable future....it will be years, decades even, before we exhaust the delights of Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire...not to mention South Wales....all of which are within easy enough striking distance from us now.
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

I need to get off this "Plague Island", where the positive test rate is c.4%, and go somewhere where the rate is more like, say, 0.1%  ::)
The keys to happiness

QuoteI must find out where we're going in July. I'll have to start a conversation about it, and hope that the location is mentioned in passing. I daren't just ask.

We had a really nice time at the southernmost tip of Devon. The weather was kind overall. Well worth tolerating the awful stony up and down narrow roads with passing places that you have to take to go anywhere.

Excellent James.  Though as holiday destinations go, the sands aren't bleached enough for my liking. :)
The keys to happiness

QuoteWell worth tolerating the awful stony up and down narrow roads with passing places that you have to take to go anywhere.

Yes, that is a problem with Devon. It wouldn't be that difficult to put the occasional one in would it?

Week in Cornwall next week.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

QuoteWeek in Cornwall next week.
Take a mask, it's likely to be crowded  ;D ;)

Hopefully things won't escalate much further as I've just booked  a night away in Grasmere in August.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Cancelled our villa in Fuerteventura with the owner. Who knows what the situation will be in October but not prepared to be f****d about. It means that Mr O'Leary makes an easy £600 or so quid from us but not too bothered about it - saved a lot during Covid

QuoteHopefully things won't escalate much further as I've just booked  a night away in Grasmere in August.
Followed by a night in the Yorkshire Dales.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Having been to Barmouth in June, last month I continued with places I'd never been to beginning with a B and ending in 'mouth' by having a few days in Bournemouth (well Boscombe to be more accurate)

Quite enjoyed it and as it was 'the heatwave week', managed numerous dips in the sea.... thankfully unlike Barmouth, it was a jellyfish-free zone (although there was an alleged shark siting the week after 😁)

easyJet had very kindly just started up flights from Liverpool there, so 40 minutes each way 😎
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

QuoteeasyJet had very kindly just started up flights from Liverpool there, so 40 minutes each way 😎
Whaaaat? You flew from Liverpool to Bournemouth.....tut..tut
 ;)

Looking forward to our 5 nights in Paignton now towards the end of the month now that me and Maple are well on the road to recovery.

Me and the wife are having a long weekend in Scotland at a spa just outside Glasgow. The weather forecast seems to be forever changing as to whether it'll piss it down, but we remain hopeful. If all else fails I'll just have to suffer the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi all weekend...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Booked our campsites for our 'Fuerteventura alternative' holiday in October. We are off to Pembrokeshire! A couple of nights in Brecon Beacons followed by New Quay and St David's. Looking forward to some cycling along the Pembrokeshire coastline.