• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

What's in Your CD Player etc....175

Started by Bez, December 15, 2017, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteAny good?

Always mate 🙂.

A Show Of Hands

also quite good  ;)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Camel - I can See You House From Here

Frost* - Milliontown (2020 remaster)
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Asia - Aura

black midi - Cavalcade
Frost* - Falling Satellites
Perfect Storm - No Air

TWOTW-Iron Maiden

Really enjoying it now I have a good version of it instad of youtube

Sounds like the New Album was recorded back in 2019, but circumstances have got in the way of a release. Some VERY long songs, and proggy again, and some new styles by all accounts. I know we have heard it all before, and there will be lots of galloping and dual leads etc, but feel quite excited about it

The new songs are an abomination

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.2 - Scenes From A Memory

Miles Davis - Champions - RSD release, a selection from the complete Jack Johnson sessions on yellow vinyl.
Arrogance Is Bliss

Asia - Aria

Jeff Buckley - Grace....contender for one of the best debut albums in Popular music.....picked up a minty copy from Poundland.....for a Pound.....it felt wrong.

Incredible that it will be 25 years next May since he died :o
Better looking than your average Tory Cabinet Minister

July 22, 2021, 15:17:20 PM #3672 Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 16:14:00 PM by Bisto
The First Day (1993)

David Sylvian - Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar & Tapes
Robert Fripp - Guitar, Electronics and Frippertronics
Trey Gunn - Chapman Stick and Backing Vocals
Marc Anderson/Jerry Marotta - Drums and Percussion
Ingrid Chavez - Backing Vocals

There's a few here I think would like/love this
Very 80's -90's Bowie/Talking Heads flavoured King Crimson with the unmistakable voice of the unfeasibly beautiful David Sylvian

'Firepower' and '20th Century Dreaming'* are superb, hypnotic (*psychedelic) Fripp soundscapes
'Brightness Falls' and '20thCentury Dreaming' are prime Vroom/Thrak era Crimson
'Darshan (The road to Grace land)' is an overlong, funky, slightly trippy dance remix...or sounds like it.....
The final track 'Bringing down the Light', is an absolutely sublime Fripp/Sylvian soundscape reminiscent of the Eno/Fripp albums.....and there's definitely shades of Eno/Lanois production (U2 - The Unforgettable Fire)....apart from the overlong 'Darshan' it's a gorgeous little gem of an album.

QuoteThe First Day (1993)

David Sylvian - Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar & Tapes
Robert Fripp - Guitar, Electronics and Frippertronics
Trey Gunn - Chapman Stick and Backing Vocals
Marc Anderson/Jerry Marotta - Drums and Percussion
Ingrid Chavez - Backing Vocals

There's a few here I think would like/love this
Very 80's -90's Bowie/Talking Heads flavoured King Crimson with the unmistakable voice of the unfeasibly beautiful David Sylvian

'Firepower' and '20th Century Dreaming'* are superb, hypnotic (*psychedelic) Fripp soundscapes
'Brightness Falls' and '20thCentury Dreaming' are prime Vroom/Thrak era Crimson
'Darshan (The road to Grace land)' is an overlong, funky, slightly trippy dance remix...or sounds like it.....
The final track 'Bringing down the Light', is an absolutely sublime Fripp/Sylvian soundscape reminiscent of the Eno/Fripp albums.....and there's definitely shades of Eno/Lanois production (U2 - The Unforgettable Fire)....apart from the overlong 'Darshan' it's a gorgeous little gem of an album.

Yes much enjoying my current Sylvian high. This is one of the 'easier' ones to listen to. Do try and track down 'Damage' a superb live registration.
Arrogance Is Bliss

QuoteYes much enjoying my current Sylvian high. This is one of the 'easier' ones to listen to. Do try and track down 'Damage' a superb live registration.

Yes it's available to stream on Tidal but it seems they didn't release the album on vinyl, only on CD.....which is a bummer!