Dreams

Started by Nephronic, December 19, 2003, 03:37:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I'm worried I may have bad dreams tonight, but I won't say why :P

Tom Garrett

QuoteI'm worried I may have bad dreams tonight, but I won't say why :P
it will be of cilla black singing all of t4e for you. ;D
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Analog RH

QuoteI'm worried I may have bad dreams tonight, but I won't say why :P

You may not be the only one.

I've got Tom Garrett's beard on my mind....

Tom Garrett

You may not be the only one.

I've got Tom Garrett's beard on my mind....

lmaoi"ll post it over when it"s cut off.remember, never let it out of the steel cage or feed it after mid night ;)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Bob

Dreams with teeth loose or dropping out indicates anxiety about maturing or adolescence.

Bob

worst thing about my dreams, and they can be very very weird , is that i forget them soon after getting up. i must try and write some of them down.other strange things about my dreams, if i go to bed with a problem , i often wake up with a solution.

buts that a good thing surely?

Gandalf

No dreams about losing your teeth indicate a financial loss :(

No Bob
There are various schools of thought, but mine is the most commonly accepted:
http://www.dreamsleep.net/dreamsofteeth.html :P
Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

Analog RH

When I was younger I used to have the following dreams recurrently:

(a) Can't find car in car park. Then realise I'm not wearing any trousers or pants.  :-[
(b) Running away from (undefined bad thing), legs and feet running but I'm moving backward toward (undefined bad thing).  :'(

These days I tend to dream about shagging famous women. In Majorca on holiday this year I had a dream about Charlotte Church, then the very next night about Demi Moore.... neither of whom I particularly fancy, but both of whom looked amazing in my dream.  :D

Ashley

I have two distinct types of dreams, in all instances they are extremely detailed and vivid.

The most common dreams are always about me being in danger & under attack. Last night it was Crocodiles in the garden, but it has also been The Grim Reaper himself (very scary), tanks, miniature aeroplanes, flying creatures etc etc.

The second type of dreams are complete fantasy & almost like being in a movie. Always pleasant and can be about virtually anything. In the most memorable, I was walking along a huge balcony in the future on a tower block, all around there were similar blocks where everyone lived. The thing I most remember was the happiness & contentment, and each flat had exactly the same breed small white dog, not a highland terrier type, but similar.

Answers on two postcards please!  ;)

Bob

No Bob
There are various schools of thought, but mine is the most commonly accepted:
http://www.dreamsleep.net/dreamsofteeth.html :P

Lovely, especially when I've had that dream and lost money and especially when the dream dictionary I have in front of me is a bit more reliable than a website ;)

Believe what you will, I have 3 dream dictionaries written by 3 different authorities on dreams all say the same :P

Slim

QuoteLovely, especially when I've had that dream and lost money and especially when the dream dictionary I have in front of me is a bit more reliable than a website ;)

Let's be honest - no literature that suggests a consistent relationship between the subject of a dream and the nature of events that haven't yet taken place is 'reliable'.

Even a serious analysis of dreams with respect to understanding the unconscious mind in the present is probably impossible in a book or website - there are far too many variables to make such general conclusions, I would think.

This sort of thing falls into the same category as astrology, in my view.  Fun and amusing for some, but not to be taken seriously.

Bob

I used to be cynical and though I looked up the meaning never took them seriously (the dreams). Not until things started to happen and it all became a little freaky.
However, I'm not a slave to the understanding of dreams just some that appear more significant than others are what interests me.

I don't dismiss that either sources are biased or unreliable I just don't like being *told* that one way *is* the correct way to interpret a dream. Like you say Slim it is all but a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Slim

December 23, 2003, 07:43:05 am #27 Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 07:45:15 am by Slim
Last night I dreamed that my girlfriend, or I should say 'a' girlfriend, this particular person doesn't actually exist outside my dream - but she was quite nice - short, longish hair, Japanese I think - er anyway - she had started a new job and was having difficulty communicating with a co-worker.  So (and this seemed logical in the dream) they rattled their chairs together slightly instead of talking.

She used the term "company clunking" to describe this office furniture-rattling activity.

I woke up with this phrase on my mind.  "Company clunking".  Weird.

So I typed "company clunking" into Google and it came up with a single
webpage
- I believe that's known as a 'Google whack'.

I feel as if I've been directed toward this page by mystical powers, but I can't imagine why.

Slim

I searched for this thread because I had an odd dream last night. In the dream I was talking to our very own Dom, and I was very surprised to find that he had a super-posh Home Counties English accent. I told him that I'd expected him to have a broad Irish accent, and I illustrated my point by performing a comedy Irish accent, using the phrase "top of the morning to ye". I think I might have sneaked a "bejeezus" in there as well. How we laughed!

But that last post. I have no memory at all of typing that 15 years ago, or of having that dream. Not even the faintest, vaguest memory. That's the first time I can ever remember coming across a post, or anything else that I've written, with no memory of it whatever.

Anyway I'll be back in another 15 years to say the same thing about this one.

Matt2112

How disappointing that this thread isn't actually a discussion of Van Halen's best song.  ::)
The keys to happiness