Dreams

Started by Nephronic, December 19, 2003, 03:37:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephronic

I've always been prone to some pretty strange dreams but last night I had one of my weirder ones. I was the third member of Torvill & Dean! :o As my wife said this morning when I told her, where you &. lmao
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Bob

if you explain in full detail your dream like colour of costumes and stuff then I'll analyse your dream if you want.

Thing is, was it a proper dream or a half asleep dream?

Nephronic

It was a proper asleep dream, didn't last too long though. Dean was in a lovely sky blue thing and Torvill was in shocking pink. I was dressed in a very alluring silver all-in-one. I was doing a lot of twirling and tossing, get your mind out of the gutter. A not too interesting side note - last year after seeing Rush on the VT tour Christopher Dean was on the same flight as me back fron Chicago!
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

rascal houdi

Analysis - Neph, you're a latent homosexual! ;D
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

KEVINOWEN

i had aweird one the other night i dreamed that my left arm was trying to stangle me in my sleep so i stayed awake(pretending to be asleep)and i could ''hear'' my left arm talking saying things out loud and saying that it must get me  :'(

i kid you not folks..... mabee i need some therapy or something i woke up in a cold sweat and did feel a little ''unsettled'' for the rest of the day  :(
Women are like Elephants....they look nice but you wouldn't want to own one

Fishy

Quotei had aweird one the other night i dreamed that my left arm was trying to stangle me in my sleep so i stayed awake(pretending to be asleep)and i could ''hear'' my left arm talking saying things out loud and saying that it must get me
From the Land of Honest Men.

Ace2112

I have a fictional pub (closest description), that pops up every couple of months or so (and has done for a good few years now), always in the more vivd dreams. I'm not sure where this comes from, somewhere I went in my childhood possibly. Always totally different dream but the pub stays the same wherever it happens to be.

Now tell me thats not weird.

Slim

December 19, 2003, 20:11:25 pm #7 Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 20:12:37 pm by Slim
QuoteI have a fictional pub (closest description), that pops up every couple of months or so (and has done for a good few years now), always in the more vivid dreams.

I have a recurring fictional pub dream as well, in my case always the same place - in a village outside Hartlepool called Elwick.  This pub occupies a space which in real life, is a small green, opposite two 'real' pubs.

Twice, I've dreamed of places that I actually seemed to discover, years in the future.  Years ago, I dreamed I was in a small shopping mall - it was very vivid, I can remember the place quite clearly even now.   A couple of years later I was looking around the new developments at the Marina in Hartlepool while up there visiting my parents, and I went into the new shopping mall there, called 'Jackson's Landing' (since redeveloped into a single department store).  It seemd to be exactly the same place.

Another time I dreamed that I went to Washington DC.  In the dream, I was standing at the top of a hill, looking down onto a bay, a very distinctive sight.  Years later, I went to San Francisco, and on my first day there I walked around for a while.  San Fran is very hilly, and at the top of one of the hills, I looked down over the bay.  Suddenly, I felt like I was in exactly the same place as my dream of Washington.  However, views of San Francisco bay, looking down the hill crop up pretty regularly on TV and in magazines etc, so it's most likely that the 'Washington' in my dream was based on a photo or film clip that I'd seen somewhere.

I sometimes wonder if my 'dream pub' will actually be built one day.

Fishy

can always remember as a kid having dreams about teeth falling out or becoming loose... :o
From the Land of Honest Men.

Fridge

Its hard to explain, but I occasionally have dreams that seem to last for days or even weeks as perceived by myself within the dream. Sometimes they are rather mundane, and parallel normal life, at other times they are outlandish and fantastical.
I was plagued with particularly horrific and vivid nightmares for some time after I received head injuries during a car crash, which still occur, but less frequently.
I have had on several instances, "visions" of remote places which I have discovered in reality during extended walks and climbs in various places. One particular one was a vision of this stark, isolated peak, which was I dicsovered was identical to Uhuru Peak, the highest point of Mount Kilimanjaro when I actually climbed there years later. This was probably a recurring memory of a photograph, but was eerie at the time.
Ach, if Dougie were here, he'd tell you himself....

Ace2112

I have a recurring fictional pub dream as well, in my case always the same place - in a village outside Hartlepool called Elwick.  This pub occupies a space which in real life, is a small green, opposite two 'real' pubs.

Twice, I've dreamed of places that I actually seemed to discover, years in the future.  Years ago, I dreamed I was in a small shopping mall - it was very vivid, I can remember the place quite clearly even now.   A couple of years later I was looking around the new developments at the Marina in Hartlepool while up there visiting my parents, and I went into the new shopping mall there, called 'Jackson's Landing' (since redeveloped into a single department store).  It seemd to be exactly the same place.

Another time I dreamed that I went to Washington DC.  In the dream, I was standing at the top of a hill, looking down onto a bay, a very distinctive sight.  Years later, I went to San Francisco, and on my first day there I walked around for a while.  San Fran is very hilly, and at the top of one of the hills, I looked down over the bay.  Suddenly, I felt like I was in exactly the same place as my dream of Washington.  However, views of San Francisco bay, looking down the hill crop up pretty regularly on TV and in magazines etc, so it's most likely that the 'Washington' in my dream was based on a photo or film clip that I'd seen somewhere.

I sometimes wonder if my 'dream pub' will actually be built one day.

One could argue that this is the origin of 'Deje vous'.

I am yet to find the pub in question. Although in my case the pub remains the same but is always somewhere different  ??? Anyways glad I'm not the only one. Any buffs out there who have an explanation?

Bob

whoa do you all want explanations to your dreams? :O

I have yet to find my dream dictionary (the really good one) its amongst some boxes..somewhere in the loft I think... :-/

Gandalf

Quotecan always remember as a kid having dreams about teeth falling out or becoming loose... :o

Dreams with teeth loose or dropping out indicates anxiety about maturing or adolescence.  Does that fit?

Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

Mac

QuoteI occasionally have dreams that seem to last for days or even weeks as perceived by myself within the dream
Yes, I have that happen as well, or I am acting in the dream based on a very distinct memory from years ago, which turns out to have only been a part of the dream and not a memory of mine at all.

The laws of time and space do not apply here, my friend.

Tom Garrett

Quotewhoa do you all want explanations to your dreams? :O

I have yet to find my dream dictionary (the really good one) its amongst some boxes..somewhere in the loft I think... :-/
worst thing about my dreams, and they can be very very weird , is that i forget them soon after getting up. i must try and write some of them down.other strange things about my dreams, if i go to bed with a problem , i often wake up with a solution.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!