"In The End" - What will YOU do?

Started by Dave_Pierce, January 30, 2003, 20:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_Pierce

January 30, 2003, 20:11:03 pm Last Edit: January 30, 2003, 20:49:57 pm by Stewart
No one knows for sure (even the band) exactly when RUSH will call it a day. (Slim wished they'd done so in 1987

Slim

January 30, 2003, 23:56:20 pm #1 Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 00:10:45 am by Slim
We've had this exact conversation already, actually Dave - I'll see if I can find the thread and post an update to it so it bubbles to the top again.

My ideal timeline would have seen them retiring after HYF, then getting together for a reunion gig at Newcastle City Hall in 1997, and recording a reunion EP - Superconductor / Test For Echo / Show Don't Tell / Totem / Carve Away The Stone - then calling it quits for good.

Tom Garrett

when they do call it a day,,,, we can look forward to a farwell tour,,,, then a couple of years later, the reunion tour :D
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Dave_Pierce

QuoteSorry, but that's really SAD!

Get a life.

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Mark_Williams

January 31, 2003, 03:48:27 am #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 03:49:25 am by Mark_Williams
or

Ashley

But.... RUSH is the "soundtrack to my life"!! Now what do I do?

Reg

Yes but whatever happens, and whoever you are, you will always have your favourite music & memories, so you are well off.
And as I already suggested in the previous incarnation of this thread  - there is always the tribute bands to feed your live need.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Ashley

But then of course I also have a beautiful 8" x 10" certain photograph to look at every day for the rest of my live! lmao

Dave_Pierce

QuoteDiscover Quo ;D

Not sure what you mean by this... please enlighten me!!  :)

Ace2112

When the time does come I'll probably lock myself in a room with a damn good sound system and play my vinyl copy of 'Archives' for the first time since I got it, very loud all 3 albums straight through in tribute,

Actually I'll have to play 'Afterimage' first.

Bman2112

I started this topic a while ago...........

What will i do? - well Dave, can i invite myself along to your gathering as it sounds great!!
Snakes n Arrows.

Dave_Pierce

QuoteI started this topic a while ago...........

What will i do? - well Dave, can i invite myself along to your gathering as it sounds great!!

I'll check with my cottage-owning friend, but the more the merrier!!  ;D

Nick

February 01, 2003, 00:23:13 am #13 Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 00:24:05 am by Nick
Dave

Quo are perhaps the rock antithesis to Rush, Uk denim wearing perennial heads down 3 chord rock. A bit of an institution here in the UK.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Rog

I'll probably start rumours that they are planning a come back tour in order to keep the spirit going and thus avoid dealing with the inevitable feeling of loss - alternatively, I'll just try to find my 'Leonard Cohen at his most miserable (the even darker than normal years)' compilation tape and retreat to a dark room for a year.
Gimme back my cheese ya tyke!

Rog's S&A Rush Tour: Stuttgart & Milan