Author Topic: Bezza's Bit  (Read 54363 times)

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
Re: Bezza's Bit
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 19:42:12 PM »
you were? i didn't notice - seemed just like you usual self to me.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

maria

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 19:43:29 PM »
ohhh 'ark at her!!  :o  :-*

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 20:50:31 PM »
ohhh 'ark at her!!

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 15:39:21 PM »
Very hectic weekend, out Friday night, footie training sat AM, watched Joe play adult footie Sat PM, out Sat night with friends for dinner, reffed Sam's game Sunday AM then off to Cambridge for shopping / concert Sunday afternoon / evening.

I'm shattered and my knee hurts. I'm supposed to be playing footie tonight then out for beers / curry tonight, but I may well wuss out.... :-/

A busy week coming up as well, school plays, carol concert, christmas concert and out to see YYZ on Friday.

December is great, but bloody hard work as well....

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 15:40:36 PM »
oh yes, and I'm skint as well  >:(

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 06:14:02 AM »
Plan B, decided to go out after all, just home - Pished. Waheeeeey

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 13:43:11 PM »
Mrs Bez's key stage one school play tonight. I have to go "to show support" and to act a crowd control / dresser (shepherds hats, crowns etc). At least it'll all be over by 8 and I can go to the pub.... ;D

maria

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004, 18:54:41 PM »
did my duty this morning - dressing angels and shepherds!!!

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 19:17:29 PM »
Mrs Bez's key stage one school play tonight. I have to go "to show support" and to act a crowd control / dresser (shepherds hats, crowns etc). At least it'll all be over by 8 and I can go to the pub.... ;D

One forgets how utterly helpless small childen are !

Lost shoes, trousers, hats, torches were among the minor issues. Bez junior is a bit of a star amongst year one having been in a few times to help out, he was far better at organising them than I was...I'm glad my kids are older, I'm not sure I could cope any more  :-/

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 13:43:39 PM »
Nightmare evening from hell last night. Attended Bez junior's 1st public performance on the bass. He's been roped in to one of the school bands, which he seems cool about. His school has status as an arts college and music is a very important part of the curriculum. It was the Xmas concert and we had to take the outlaws with us.

Nightmare no1. The outlaws are incapable of staying quite through the performances, they whisper "quietly" while kids are doing their thing, they point at kids who's parents they know, they rustle sweet wrappers and are generally ignorant to the point of driving me to vow never to go anywhere with them ever again. I can't say anything at the time, because it would cause more of a fuss, Mrs Bez doesn't want me to say anything afterwards because it would "spoil the evening" What about the evening's of the people who had the mis-fortune to be sitting next to us, or the kids on stage ? Gah ! It makes my blood boil.

Nightmare no2. Technical probs with the bass amp. Sam had probs getting the amp to respond before his slot, the tech came up and played with some switches and it burst into life. They kicked off on the 1st song and there was no bass. A quick change of lead, a swap into another output on the amp and Sam was looking a bit pissed off, he carried on playing regardless, with a few shakes of the head and we were treated to the odd 10 seconds of bass though the PA. Tech came back onto stage before the 2nd number (Sgt Pepper) and they swapped to a backup amp. We had sound, but Sam couldn't hear it, so he stood there on the stage twiddling the jack lead in his bass and shaking his head. Poor sod. All of this of course caused major outrage with the outlaws and Mrs Bez, much whispering and gesturing with heads.

I went to find Sam after the concert finished, he was pissed off about the whole thing, but he was generally OK, then Nanny arrived to make the whole thing better. To his credit he told her that it was just one of those things and then told her "don't you dare make a fuss" a she continued to go on and on and on about it !! This caused a retraction of the Nanny head into her body. I'm not quite sure how she manages this, but its bloody funny. Her neck just seems to disappear as her head desends downwards, she manages to stick her chin and lips out into a pout out at the same time and her vocie takes on a Hyacinth Bucket tone as she calls for Peter....

I would never have got away such blasphemy as to dare to answer back, but Sam seemed to be allowed to without so much as a flicker from Mrs Bez.

Nightmare no3. Aftermath. I'd forgotten to get milk when I picked Sam up from basketball before the concert, so when everyone came back to ours for tea there wasn't any. This caused the outlaws to leave in double-quick time and put Mrs Bez into more of a stress than she'd been before - anyone would think I'd done it on purpose - well maybe sub-consciously  ;)

There's nothing on the social schedule for tonight, I may just send some e-mails and see if I can find anyone who fancies a pint... ;)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 18:49:17 PM »
Reckon you need a pint after that Bez - be sure to take Sam with you too... ;)

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 18:54:31 PM »
Reckon you need a pint after that Bez - be sure to take Sam with you too... ;)

a fine idea mate, he may well have some cash hidden away after being "rewarded" by Nanny for his efforts yesterday....he can treat his old man...

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 15:12:04 PM »
Christmas dinner at my mum's on Saturday - bloody lovely. Proper veg cooked to "nearly soup" consistancy and real gravy. Wayyyy to much food and then I still managed to stuff down a turkey and stuffing sandwich later on in the evening...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 15:12:23 PM by bezza57 »

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 13:24:41 PM »
Bloody cold, I've had it nearly a week now and it shows no sign of drying up... >:(

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2005, 18:12:08 PM »
Well, its all over and I'm back at work....so was it all worth it ? Probably not. I shudder when I think about how much cash we've spent in the past couple of weeks, all in aid of having a good time. Was the cash "well spent" in proportion to the enjoyment had, again, probably not, but then I did have a bloody good time.

Looking forward to the new year is something that most of us do at this time. My upcoming highlights at the moment are a holiday in Cornwall in Feb, Porcupine Tree shows in April and my brother-in-law's wedding in May. There's a TNMS gathering at the end of Jan which is the first beacon on the winter's horizon and a series of beer sessions with people I didn't get time to catch up with over Christmas / new year, so all in all its shaping up to be a good year. Lets hope the Hatters get promoted and Chelsea don't manage to buy the Premier League (I'm happy for them to win the Champions League  ;))

HNY all