Author Topic: Bezza's Bit  (Read 52662 times)

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
Bezza's Bit
« on: November 05, 2004, 15:49:31 PM »

Well, having seen Rascal step up to the plate and post some musings I guess its my turn.

First problem was coming up with a name for the thread, do I try and be clever (difficult), witty (almost impossible) or just not give a toss (far more in keeping with my personality).

So Bezza's Bit is born.

Next problem is what to write about. My first thought here was to try and put down some thoughts like in a diary, but I'm far too self-conscious for that, so I'll start with an events based format and see where that takes me - probably to about 10 posts and then oblivion....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

• TNMS Member
Re: Bezza's Bit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 15:59:06 PM »
Good news today, and like Rascal,  a degree of restoration of faith in humanity...

I'm a qualified footie ref, I originally did the course etc because I was being asked to ref games on Sunday mornings for my kids' teams. Part of being a ref is needing to keep up the registration for insurance etc. Like a fool, I let mine lapse, so this week I've been trying to re-register.

I got through to a guy at the Herts FA who informed me that I'd have to re-take the course (about 10 hours) and re-take the exam at the end because my registration had been lapsed for over 12 months.

I left it for a couple of days and phoned again, this time I spoke to a different guy who was much more helpful. He's contacted the head of referees in herts and has negotiated my re-registration effective immeadiately  :)

2 morals to the story I guess.

1. Do my bloody paperwork  ::) >:(
2. If at 1st you don't succed etc etc...

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 18:17:09 PM »
Welcome Bezza - Nice to see you up here. :)

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 18:48:51 PM »
Welcome Bezza - Nice to see you up here. :)

cheers Keith.... ;D

Just back to work having watched the news and I saw the most horrendous advert for Honda diesels, irritating tune and sickly sweet annimations....blurrch.  >:(

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 20:44:10 PM »
'Who's the bastard in the black?'  ;)

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 03:06:11 AM »
Firstly, welcome aboard Bez. Secondly, they're letting in old riff raff in these days. ;)
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Sean

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 17:32:12 PM »
Welcome Bez.   :D

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 14:23:50 PM »
cheers for the welcome guys... :)

A busy weekend just completed

Played golf on Sat AM, I was shite ! I really don't play often enough these days to be anything else, but its still the most frustrating game in the world.

Had a "swift half" or two in the clubhouse and got dropped off home with thoughts of a relaxing afternoon in front of the telly, only to be met on the drive by Mrs Bez and No2 son. He'd been phoned up by my brother-in-law to play footie for an adult Saturday team. Mrs Bez wasn't happy, but Joe (16) was well up for it.

So that signalled a quick change of clothes and more time in the drizzle for Bez on the touchline. Joe played pretty well and set up a couple of goals from left midfield (he's usually a right back !). Came away with a comfortable 0 - 5 victory and a dead leg for his troubles.

Rushed home again because we were off stock car racing in Coventry in the evening. Friends of ours met a guy who's UK no2 (Paul Harrison) while on holiday in the summer and asked us if we wanted to pop along to watch. It was a pretty entertaining evening with plenty of mayhem, noise and excitement. Eventually got honme about 12:30 having been in the house for about an hour since 07:30 in the AM.

Sunday wasn't much more relaxing either. I reffed Sam's footie match (Under 15s) in the pissing rain. Won 3 - 4, the ref came in for some stick, but did an Ok job overall  ;), got home, changed wnet out again and ran the line for Joe's game. Won 1 - 0.

Back in time for the ironing and watch the GB lions victory from Saturday and then most of the United / City game on Sky. Cooked the dinner (Mrs Bez in a stress helping Joe with schoolwork and she hadn't done her own planning for next week. Tidied / supervised others tidying the house, went in the loft to get "some resources" down for Mrs Bez and flopped out in front of the TV. I really wanted to watch Palin's Himalaya programme, but we haven't seen last week's yet, so I wasn't allowed  >:(

Ended up vegging in front of the NFL / golf, but wasn't really that enthralled with either. Then fixed a printer driver problem on one of the PCs in the house. By this time it was gone 11 and I'd had enough, made the bed (Mrs Bez had stripped it earlier) and crashed out. Roll on the week at work so I can get a rest...

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 14:53:47 PM »
I became exhausted only by reading our musings
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 14:54:05 PM by Eya »

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 15:50:08 PM »
A quieter weekend just finished...

I was out drinking in London with a couple of guys I used to work with on Friday, a good session was had by all and I managed to get back to Euston in time for a late train and a Burger King - kebab syndrome  :-[. Taunted one of my mates who missed his train and took a leisurely walk home from the station. It was bloody cold, but really fresh I really enjoyed it. Stopped at my usual tree for a pee  :o

Saturday was planned to be a lazy day, but Mrs Bez had other ideas. I was dragged to a craft fair, now I don't know about anyone else, but I loathe craft fairs. Over-priced novelties, middle aged, middle class M&S wearing women wandering aimlessly around taking no consideration for others in their meanderings. A Bloody nightmare. I managed to find a pasty stall and tucked in to a chesse & onion special which was very nice indeed.

The day got better when I was rewarded with lunch in the pub for being such a good boy in the morning. The day got worse when the "out-laws" spotted our car and popped in to the pub for a chat.

Escaped in time to get home and watch the Rugby Union, pottered around for a bit and watched the Rugby League, then a film.

Sunday was the usual; football in the morning and football in the afternoon. Sam lost 5 -1 away in the cup and Joe won 5 - 1 in the league. No reffing this week, but ran the line in both games, so got some exercise.

Did the ironing in the evening while Mrs Bez was out at the cinema watching Bridget Jones - a lucky escape.

Its been a quiet week so far this week work wise. A bit of a network freeze at the mo, so no changes without extra paperwork. Its amazing what can wait when you have to fill out an extra 2 forms !

Off to see lostprophets tonight with Sam and his mates. I'll be the big fecker at the back with a beer, if you're there pop along and say hello. I may even buy you a pint

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 15:35:08 PM »
lostprophets was prety good, the support bands were completely dire. I'm really not into "shouty" vocalists a sure sign that I'm getting old. I do like the Hammersmith Apollo (Odeon as was). They've taken out the seats downstairs, so there's plenty of atmosphere generated. Sound was pretty good where I was - back centre. The only downers are that the bar is in the lobby and the tube takes forever to get back to Euston.

Weekend was the usual mix of kids footie, sport on tv, ironing and a bit of work thrown in. Saturday afternoon was the most fun, a mate "popped" round to watch the rugby union and left after chinese an a rake of beers at nearly 10 after we watched the rugby league. I guess it helped that we beat the boks and the kiwis on the same day in 2 different, but related sports  ;D

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2004, 05:34:52 AM »
2 bloody losses in rugby today, both to the Aussies. Pah !

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 15:08:11 PM »
Is it just me or does everyone get tired really easily at this time of year ?

Too many things to do before Christmas, diminishing daylight, miserable weather....

Bez

• TNMS Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 17:19:55 PM »
Is it just me or does everyone get tired really easily at this time of year ?

Too many things to do before Christmas, diminishing daylight, miserable weather....

I was in a really miserable mood yesterday wasn't I....?

A bit better today as the sun's out and its Friday with a full weekend's activitiy planned. Bring it On !!

maria

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 18:52:41 PM »
you were? i didn't notice - seemed just like you usual self to me.  ::)