Author Topic: Holland Herald  (Read 33467 times)

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
Re: Ron's Random Collection of Words
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2002, 23:02:13 PM »
Got back from a couple of days in Paris last night. Didn't have the energy to write late last night.
Back to regular working schedule today. Takes some adjusting after a trip.
Almost finished 'In the Shadow of a Saint' during the trip. Good read, I wonder when Ashley will have his copy from Amazon. Even found a 'Grace under Pressure' reference in the book, so now it is a must-read for all Rush fans on the globe.  ;D

My sister's wedding will be tomorrow, so tonight is the night of all last things to arrange. Buy wrapping paper. Buy new suit and shoes  ;). You know the drill.

Plane tickets for New York will be delivered on Monday, so still a very happy Ron.  8)

Found out from the bank how to get the t-shirt money to Stewart, so will contact him and ask all sorts of details from his bank account. We continental Europeans (geez, that sounds like a really bad breakfast you get in those cheap hotels) would have been better off with a credit card arrangement, cause all sorts of money transfers to Britain will cost us some extra. But hey, we get a nice t-shirt in return, don't we.

Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2002, 01:14:13 AM »
Darn, can't post in the announcement section here. Probably must be a TNMS God for that and I'm only a TNMS God trainee....

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2002, 18:35:46 PM »
Just barely getting back to the awakened state after my sisters wedding yesterday. Luckily  (>:() I was the designated driver, otherwise I probably wouldn't even be able to talk to you all right now.
Have to run to the store to get me a new harddisk. This one is suffering from amnesia. Better have the data ghosted to a new stock of disks before it degraded to entertainment agent level.  ;)

BTW, I will not talk too much about the MSG gig. Who knows what will happen when we ignite Stewart's ticker.

Have to go now and unplug the disk to take for exchange to the shop. See you all later.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2002, 22:10:22 PM »
Stewart's dream with Dec. 1 as the reveiling date must be related to my b-day that day. I wouldn't mind getting a Euro tour for my next birthday...  ;)

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2002, 16:48:07 PM »
Just finished the Ken Wiwa book. If you want to learn more about Africa, go get it!!!
(ok, contractually with his publisher, I am compelled to this one plug  :))

Next from the bookshelfs is Ernest Hemingway "The Old Man and the Sea". Believe it or not, this will be my first reading of some Hemingway stuff.

Last night, the long party and subsequent short sleep from my sister's wedding took its toll. Fell sound asleep around 10pm and enjoyed the sleep well into this morning.

Today is a dull, grey, drizzling day here in Holland. Great time to take a bath (yup, it's that time of the month) and do some serious catching up on reading. The Hemingway book looks short enough to be finished tonight. If household doesn't interfere in the form of washing, ironing and such....

Well, that's it for today, from my attic here in Holland. At least, that's it for now of course.  ;)

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2002, 16:55:47 PM »
I suddenly get this feeling that my TNMS God-trainee status will be ended in the near future. Call it revelation (or b***-shit, whatever you fancy), but I feel deity lurking here... :P

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2002, 20:28:55 PM »
Right now, I feel divine.
But please don't go about worshipping me. If you really, really want, you should worship Ashley. He needs the attention.  ;)

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2002, 22:51:34 PM »
Ash certainly is getting the extra attention. I only wish he could remain speechless for more that a few nanoseconds.  :D

Absolutely dreadfull day at the office. The only good thing is that it makes me able to go to the Big Apple to see Rush next week. And that's a BIG bonus, but I'm preaching to the parish here.

Wife is out to astrology course tonight, so I will be able to play some CD's at the required volume.

Currently in the roster:
NIN - And all that could have been
Peter Gabriel - Up
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Couple of Rush boots
Coldplay - both albums

Will finish Hemingway tonight, so I have to think about the next in line. Inspired by the books section here, I think it will be Tad Williams with the third part of Otherland. Great SF stuff.

My sis is now in London, enjoying her honeymoon. I hope for her it's not as drizzling as here.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2002, 21:38:47 PM »
Gee, I made Loyal Member. That's good, isn't it? I wonder what the pro's and con's of this honorary title are. We'll see when Christmas Curry is due, I suppose.

We're entering one digit territory here (see below), so excitement is getting thicker.

Spent half the day at work reading some EC stuff on validation and assessment, so spent the other half fighting sleep off. Have to prepare some stuff tonight for shipment to Eeva tomorrow (hi Eeva!).

Ran into another Dutchie at the Rush DC hub and directed him straight to this website. I hope he joins us soon.

Looking forward to the shirts. I hope the XXL size is large enough to hold a small family while camping, otherwise I'd probably not fit in (yeah, that's the story of my life  :D)

Now playing:
Kitchens of Distinction - The Death of Cool
Liquid Tension Experiment - 1 and 2 (at work)

Started in Otherworld part 3 last night. Will get back on that one soon.

Ok, there's a commercial break coming up, so switch to your regular programme.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2002, 19:13:01 PM »
I'm glad I inspired Chris to listen to LTE again. It has been a long while for me too and it was nice to listen to them again.

Most of today was spent trying to stay awake over some statistics stuff in my assessment report. You know, in real life that's even more boring than it sounds here.  8)

Burning some boots I have downloaded, while keeping up to date with this forum.

Currently playing is Pink Floyd - Pulse.

I'm still wondering whether to watch my handballteam tonight or install myself on the couch and get brain-numb from watching way too much football. I'll probably do both.

One of our cats has found me here in the attic, so she insists on stepping on my keyboard and have some input to this group. I'd better delete that.  :D

Attic here is my room. Two computers, full stereo installation and loads of books and CD's. Great place to spent some time alone on the net, or just reading stuff.
The wife has her own room on the first floor for all her computer activities, painting, drawing and sewing.

Yesterday morning biking to work was very weird indeed. I had to cross the road that the funeral coach of our Prince Claus would take later that morning and it was very, very quiet indeed. Hardly any cars and hardly any bikes. Just silence in a lot of places, which is very unusual for a Tuesday morning.

Posted the CD's for Eeva, so there will be a happy Finnish girl soon. I certainly hope to be as happy when the new shirt from Stewart arrives before I head toward NY.

That's all Folks!

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2002, 02:59:24 AM »
Ashley is doing a great job as Stewart's PR manager. I would have written it in the appropriate section, but alas, I'm not management material enough.

But don't think it is that easy to become a Dutchman, Ashley.

Bummers, England just Nicked a point from Macedonia.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2002, 03:19:47 AM by Stewart »

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2002, 01:30:01 AM »
To answer the editor straight away: NO!
Picture is taken while I was designated driver for my sisters wedding. The way too small hat is an original hat from the The Hague Tramline Company. Few sizes too small, but it was only for a day. Pic was taken last Friday, in front of my house.
I will replace it in due time..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 01:30:34 AM by Ron »

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2002, 03:02:35 AM »
Best of luck in London, Stewart.

Just had dinner with my sister and her wife (sounds strange after only one week). Cooked Indonesian food. Fried rice, spice chicken and a vegetable stew.

NY is getting really close now. Just two more working days and I am out of here for a while. And I'll make you all green with envy afterwards.

Played the Tea Party again today at work and tonight is was Night and Day from Joe Jackson and A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay.
Three excellent albums. If you want something other than books (hint, hint Reg), buy one of these.

That's about it for today, otherwise the enormous amount of wine consumated tonight will show...  :o

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2002, 19:22:35 PM »
Yes, Stewart, you did read it right. I'm quite used to it now, so I am not even aware of this being a surprise for someone. One of the benefits of living in liberal Holland.

Right now, not much is going on here. Downloading some nice boots, incl. the Toronto show. I wonder what it will look like when I have that one complete. It is unlikely that I will look at it before the MSG show.

The wife and I are planning which sites we want to see in NY. Way too much to do for the 4 days we are there, so it will be necessary to return some day.

I have already reserved a place in my suitcase for the t-shirt that's on its way to Holland. I'm curious how many of these shirts we'll see on Thursday.

Code: [Select]
Not many, maybe 6. inc yours.

One of my plans is to submit a review of the show to a Dutch prog-rock magazine. Hopefully it will be published. I'll keep you all posted on that one. After all, I am the 'official' TNMS mailman.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 20:35:20 PM by Stewart »

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2002, 03:03:19 AM »
6 is ok. Would make a nice group photo for this board.

Just playing Peter Gabriel's third solo album. Biko is still mighty impressive. Reminded me of one of the chapters of In the Shadow of a Saint, our current read in the elitist Ash Book club.

Memories took me back to the So tour back in god knows when. Biko was the final encore and what an impressive performance that was. Anyone remember the gradually walking off stage of all band members, with the drummer (Manu Katch

Crewe