Author Topic: Holland Herald  (Read 33507 times)

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
Holland Herald
« on: September 27, 2002, 02:28:24 AM »
Finally my own spot to talk uninterruptedly...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 19:04:53 PM by Ron »
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
Re: Ron's Random Collection of Words
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 01:59:28 AM »
It's one of those weeks at the office where everything seems to collapse. And worst of all, my business trip to Chicago is about to get cancelled, in order for me to finish a project proposal for ESA. That's not the worse, but the attached couple of days extra in Toronto, feeding some guy over there with the sign "Will Eat To See Rush" and go to the show on the 22nd are in tatters too  :(

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 02:35:47 AM »
While Mark and Ashley are about as low as you can get and they are still trying to get to the bottom of this (Guys, the giant hot spot is the middle of the Earth, so you can stop there), I thought of dropping a few more random words here.

Thanks Chris for feeling sorry, I know I am feeling sorry for sure. Luckily I have seen them a couple of times in the last millenium, so I could have died about 10 years ago. Hopefully the few announced dates in February will mean that there is another leg coming up. I know where my Christmas bonus will be saved for.

RHCP are coming to Holland as well in March, so I think I must try to lapse back in time in order to get some tickets.

Seen Back to the Future on DVD last night. I had almost forgotten what a nice movie that was. Great stuff to have on DVD.

For the rest, the day has been filled with the boring Sunday stuff. Burned a few boots, recorded some stuff from cassette to send to Duley for mastering and spreading over the Rush community on the Net.

F1 race at Indy was interesting with one of the most unbelievable finishes I've ever seen. Wonder what Stewart thinks of that. Also wondering what the betting agents think of this sort of finishes.

Time to down one more Metaxa and slowly doze off to another week at the office.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 23:03:03 PM »
Oops, my bad yesterday. I was mixing up the news from the Blue Oyster Cult list with the Rush list. Hence the wrong remark about February dates. Those of you hoping for an extra leg, sorry about that.

On the good side, it looks like the extended deadline for our proposal is not accepted, so I have to finish it this Friday. Loads of hard work, but the reward is a saved business trip and probably ( ;)) a detour to Toronto on the way back.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 23:36:45 PM »
Business trip is still no certainty, so no time to party yet.
I'll keep you all posted, because you must all be so very interested in whether or not I will see the guys live in Toronto. ;D

And Ashley, the elite TNMS bookclub you recently founded is not a bad thing. But for non-Brits it is probably a bit more difficult to join (finding the right books, having the time to read it in English).
Which shows that at least one of us over here has read your musings.

It is time to kick some Russian butt for Feijenoord. Nice practicing for kicking some Newcaste butt in a couple of weeks (again  ;)).

Good luck tonight against Juventus, Ash...

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 01:39:30 AM »
Darn, and I thought I could talk uninterrupted here.  :)

I will think of some literature to read the next few weeks. English should be fine too, but just when I know I can get the book easily. I'll come back on that one.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 23:29:34 PM »
Just checked and there still are seats available for the Toronto gig on the 22nd. I must try to force a decision on the business trip, so I can nag you all about this upcoming Rush concert I would be going to.
Hopefully things will work out tomorrow.
Checked out some B&B's in Toronto too. Looks like a nice alternative to motels.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a couple of nights in Toronto (assuming that I will go, of course)?

Footy was a bad night last night. Ash's beloved magpies didn't succeed in beating some Italians and our guys from Rotterdam couldn't work their way through a Russian wall.

Hopefully Ajax and PSV will do better tonight.

Gotta go now, have to work on the obligatory poem for my sisters wedding (next week Friday).

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 22:10:42 PM »
Business trip got cancelled today, so no Rush in Toronto for me. But hey, with all the optimistic news about a possible tour in Europe well before the next millenium, I'm not too sad about it.  ;D
There will be another chance for me, I'm sure.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2002, 21:07:08 PM »
It's Friday afternoon. Another week gone by at the office. Very hectic and stressful to get a project proposal finished and delivered in time to the European Space Agency.

Bought some nice bottles of wine to finish these busy weeks and make up with the missus.

Tomorrow I'll get my second computer back from the dealer. Loads of shit happening with the graphics card, so I hope the new GeForce 4 card will solve all that. Hopefully I can do some serious F1 racing now.

Next week will be busy as well. Monday I'll leave for Paris. Back on Wednesday. Friday is my sis' big day, so hardly any time in the office.

Now I just need to figure out which books I will take with me to Paris.

Which reminds me, I read a while ago that a new and fuller version of the Vincent van Gogh letters will be published sometime next year spring or so. You bet I will be buying that one, certainly after reading The Masked Rider.

Now it's off to the Chinese restaurant for dinner.

Later tonight I'll probably be back with a nice Ardbeg or Lagavulin to start the weekend properly.

Cheers to you all!

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 00:06:10 AM »
Must find a new dictionary, one that translates Ashley grunts to Dutch. Can't find what a doddle is, but I assume Ash is not at his friendliest in Mark's section. But rest apeace, I know someone will explain me (of course in another section, because this whole section is mine!).

Busy Saturday, shopping, b-day partying, cooking, eating and getting ready to go support my handball team.
Had a great suggestion from the wife, who said when she heard that the Toronto dream was in shambles: "They play in New York too, right? Maybe it's nice to go and see them there."
Now you all know what I'll be searching for tomorrow on the Net. Look out MSG, here we come in a couple of weeks! (hopefully).

For the rest a book suggestion for Ash: I'll be reading Ken Wiwa's 'In the Shadow of a Saint' next. Maybe you should get a copy so we can discuss this in your elite book corner of this forum.
Now you can't say there wasn't a suggestion.

Don't get too drunk tonight, so we all see you in good health (and without too much of a headache) tomorrow morning.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 14:46:15 PM »
Frustration, frustration on this fine Sunday morning.
We (i.e. the missus and me) decided let poverty go to hell and go for a long weekend in New York somewhere around October 24. Tickets for Rush and the plain are available, but when I was about to complete my order for two tickets at Madison Square Garden, the IE error page showed up. Looks like the site is down at the moment. Bummers, I really wanted to finish it this morning and have plane, concert and hotel arranged.
But the good thing is that there are still seats available and a plane ticket with Continental is fairly cheap (less than 900 Euro return ticket for two).

I'll keep trying regularly at the Ticketmaster site. Once everything is done, I'll let you all know. Right now it is back to tea and sandwiches (breakfast) and impatiently await the resurrection of the Ticketmaster site.

Oh, and may all your favourite footy clubs win this weekend.

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2002, 15:25:56 PM »
Happy Ron, Happy Ron  ;D

Secured plane tickets and concert tickets (loge level seating, just above floor level, Geddy's side).
Now we need a hotel in Manhattan...

Happy Ron, Happy Ron  :D

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2002, 16:52:59 PM »
Hey Mark, we'll be at the same show then in NYC.
Stewart, what is the exact deal on getting the T-shirt at the concert? Tickets are booked now and we found a hotel across the street from MSG, the Pennsylvania hotel. Decent rates and everything close at hand.

Can't wait for the 23rd to arrive, to be quite honest.

As I said before, I'm a happy Ron this Sunday. 8)

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2002, 22:07:08 PM »
Well, I owe you want crashing in return, right?
No problem with that..

After all, you are TNMS God....  ::)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 22:08:01 PM by Ron »

Crewe

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2002, 02:40:43 AM »
Just finished watching Smoke on DVD. Nice movie, very slow and small (to American standards).
While flipping through the channels afterwards, I learned that our royal highness, Prince Clause passed away tonight at 7 pm. He's been more in than out of the hospital the last couple of months, so it's for the best.
I assume we will be a nation in mourning for the next week or so.

Crewe