Author Topic: The Pudders Periodical  (Read 48051 times)

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
Re: The Pudders Periodical
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 15:31:20 PM »
I'm approaching the end of week three in this bloody sling >:( I'm fed up, bored, irritable and tired. In short I'm climbing the walls!! It takes for ever to do even the simplest of tasks like making a cup of tea.....I even had to get one of my staff in to take the lid of the bloody kettle yesterday!

I've done hardly anything I had hoped to do during this enforced lay off - I simply did'nt realise the impact it was going to have on me. I have had a few visitors now though, including my sister, who brought home made soup with her for lunch  :D, the local priest who brought mud into the house ::), and fellow tnmser, 'Bisto' who brought much needed sanity into the house! (thanks Andrew ;) )

What else? Oh yeh, thanks to Gebs I'm now well installed on The Hub, a truly wonderful place.........that made me realise I needed a new computer! My task this morning is to work my way through all the crap on the main pc to try to free up some much needed space to download to.....actually I'm probably supposed to be hanging up washing and emptying the dish washer but you have to get your priorities right ;D

Toodle pip!

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 16:06:39 PM »
I even had to get one of my staff in to take the lid of the bloody kettle yesterday!

Excellent!  Delegation.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 18:07:14 PM »
Minnions have their uses ;D ;)

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 04:32:11 AM »
Had a very good day for a change - mainly due to the performance of Bookham Colts U10 B team, who progressed to the next round of the League Cup with a 3-1 victory away from home. We actually played some very good football for a change, on a lovely flat pitch with grass that had been cut, rather than the usual bumpy hay fields we normally play on!

Number 2 son scored a cracking goal as well, which always helps :D

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 04:40:26 AM »
It's a miracle!...no, not Christmas, but the fact I've finally dug the book 'what I am writing' out again :D I'm planning to spend most of tomorrow re-reading the manuscript and checking sources before ploughing on with a view to finishing the next chapter before Chrimbo.......Well, I'll do my best :-/

Other than that I've a nasty outbreak of Fusarium on the new turf we laid in October - must admit I thought it was Snow Mould, its late in the year for Fusarium to strike like this. So a quick dose of a nasty, enviromentally unsound, chemical is called for ;D

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 04:01:15 AM »
The Fusarium is dead, long live the grass :D Technology does have its benefits, but I hate using chemicals unless I really have to.....

Really pleased with the progress I've made on the book - nearly5 pages written in
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 04:01:39 AM by Neil_Pudney »

Micke.K

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 04:10:16 AM »
it helps to have the mind atuned to the job in hand.

So it's hopeless for you......being a TNMS'er and all.... ::) ::) lmao lmao lmao

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 04:14:11 AM »
So it's hopeless for you......being a TNMS'er and all.... ::) ::) lmao lmao lmao

If I'm being totally honest, yes. tnms is the main reason the bloody thing is'nt written ;)

I'm hooked ;D

Micke.K

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 04:15:41 AM »
I'm hooked ;D

If it's any consolation......

....you're not alone... ::) ::) ;D lmao

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2004, 04:17:55 AM »
Really pleased with the progress I've made on the book - nearly5 pages written in

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2004, 04:29:39 AM »

So, it seemes it was good to have a break in writing then ?

I seem to be approaching it with re-newed enthusiasm, which is great - really think I may finally finish it this time :D

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 13:59:13 PM »

I seem to be approaching it with re-newed enthusiasm, which is great - really think I may finally finish it this time :D

The book has stalled....'other' things have got in the way, including a return to work - well technically speaking anyway as I still cannot actually do anything - and Christmas looming on the very near horizon.

Lukes footies was another good game to watch - unless you are the one armed manage of course! 0-0 this time, which considering they thumped us 5-0 at our place earlier this season was a good result which could have been better if the last minute chance had gone in :-/

This week consists of yet more end of term type things 0 I'm gonna look like a mince pie by Saturday!

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 22:55:22 PM »
Saturday saw the last match for the U10's before Christmas and a disappointing 4-1 loss - though in fairness we were chasing an equaliser when conceeding two very late goals....yet again the initial downcast looks on the boys faces only lasted about a minute before they were off playing again, if only the mum's and dad's could be so resiliant!

I've also been checking up on my sisters progress - she's a volunteer crew member aborad the Bark Endeavour, the replica of Captain Cooks vessel which is now on the return leg to Australia. the website tells me they are currently approaching Antigua - where they will spend Christmas, before making their way through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific. It sounds like hard work but also the chance of a lifetime - I'm looking forward to the tales when she eventually returns. If you are interested you can check out the website at  http://www.barkendeavour.com.au/

Its all downhill to Christmas from here folks - Mrs Pudders tells me we are not at all ready....ah well, time for another beer then

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 15:45:00 PM »
Bloody Hell! I have'nt been here for nearly a month!

So whats been happening in Puddersland then:

Well, my shoulder is definitely on the mend at last. Saw the surgeon last week and he's really pleased with the progress, though I still have to take it easy for a month or two :-/ But at least I'm feeling a little more positive about things on that front.

The kids footie has taken a definite turn for the better, winning our first game back after Christmas 2-0 and then holding top of the table Scorpions 2-2 at their place. We were 2 down at half time and for the first time ever I discarded my mister nice guy image and gave the little cherubs a bollocking during the break. Fortunately it had the right effect and we were level within 10 minutes and hit the bar and the post later in the game. Good to see Luke remembering how to score at last - both goals Saturday and one the week before, all well taken (so he tells me ;) ) With a bit of luck we may make mid table obscurity by the end of the season....

Work is, well, work. The guys have done a good job of covering for me in my abscence and I've been dabbling with a Health and Safety documentation make over involving new Risk Assessment procedures, etc. Thrilling!

Mrs Pudders seems to be spending more time teaching than being a TA these days. In her role of Cover Supervisor she is supposed to be able to present prepared work to a class when a teacher is absent, only in most cases there isnt any prepared work so she is spending 2-3 hours a night writing up lesson plans, stressing her out no end. Secretly she's loving it, but of course no one has a clue what extra she is doing and she's not the sort of person to sing her own praises.

On the music front, the roio collection keeps on growing at an alarming rate, including finding a copy of my first ever Rush gig from 1979, which was a bit scary! Looking forward to a couple of gigs with the wife in attendance this year - and thats the first time for, well, ages! Porcupine Tree and the Aussie Pink Floyd Show are being graced with our presence, (We are taking the boys to the Floyd show at Croydon, their first experiance of a 'proper' gig).

tnms is still a big part of my life though, and recent weeks have seen two brilliantly drunken evenings in the Sauna - I think we managed 200 posts between about 4 of us the other night, and that did'nt include TG :o

Right, got to go and call some football off - i love being a groundsman ;D

Micke.K

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 00:33:11 AM »
recent weeks have seen two brilliantly drunken evenings in the Sauna - I think we managed 200 posts between about 4 of us the other night, and that did'nt include TG :o

that was a most enjoyable evening.... ;D ;D (something to tell the grandchildren... ::) ::) ;D)

I'm working on expanding your ROIO-collection as I type.....3 Rush-shows on their way to the Pudney collection.... ;) :D