Author Topic: Letters From Nephdonia  (Read 17220 times)

Neph

Letters From Nephdonia
« on: August 10, 2005, 15:19:09 PM »
This is a mere test to see if I can post as a mod under my new shortened title.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 02:25:10 AM by Neph »

Analog RH

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • Hail Satan!
    • andrewfield.net
Re: Letters From Nephland
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 15:21:23 PM »
I see from your avatar that you've been to Akhbars. That place rocks.  ;D

Neph

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 15:30:13 PM »
I see from your avatar that you've been to Akhbars. That place rocks.

Wim

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
    • 2112-fotografie.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 01:35:35 AM »
Hey, a new old mod!! ;D

Neph

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 21:37:41 PM »
We have a message type board in the kitchen that we keep important letters, dental appointments etc. pinned to. I was perusing it this morning and came across my ticket for Franz Ferdinand. Just as well I looked as the gig is tonight! I'm getting senile in my old age as I'd completely forgotten that it was this month never mind this week.

Neph

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »
1:34 am and it's only me and Mr._Ben online.

Pudders

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 06:48:15 AM »
1:34 am and it's only me and Mr._Ben online.

Oh, I don't know....

Neph

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 04:00:30 AM »
Not much happening in Nephland of late. A nice family break in Aviemore was one of the recent highlights, okay the the ONLY recent highlight. Apart, that is, from meeting up with Dods, Ash, Baldie Pete and his good wife Ann for some whisky tasting. Off to see the League of Gentlemen on Sunday then Little Britain the following Sunday. I'm not particularly looking forward to either but we'll see. I applied for a new job but didn't even get an interview which pissed me off as I usually do quite well, all smarm and charm under these circumstances. Anyway, onwards and upwards...............although sideways will do for now.

Neph

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 01:55:54 AM »
I've just realised it's almost 3 and a half years since I joined this board!! Where has the time gone?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:57:22 AM by Neph »

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 02:36:48 AM »
I've just realised it's almost 3 and a half years since I joined this board!! Where has the time gone?

Thanks for a reminder , Neph, I had my two year "birthday" the first of November - and I completely forgot about that
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 02:37:10 AM by Eya »

Neph

Re: Letters From Nephdonia
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 15:08:26 PM »
Got a CD player for my car at Christmas. I have entered the 21st century at last. ::)

Dixkot

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 18:01:37 PM »
Got a CD player for my car at Christmas. I have entered the 21st century at last. ::)

I wasn't that far infont mate.

I depended on my MP3 player for auto-sounds.

Neph

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 22:07:11 PM »
Well that lasted a long time. On Monday I managed to crash into a rather large bin lorry leaving me a bit sore and the care in a right state. I received a phone call today from the insurance company informing me that it is not economically viable to fix the car. I can only presume there was major damage to the engine or chassis. On Monday I was just relieved to get out unhurt but the whole incident is now starting to piss me off. It was my own fault so my ire is self directed. That'll teach me to be more careful next time.

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 08:51:19 AM »
Sorry to hear of this Neph - at least you're not too badly injured.

I always find it's the inconvenience and all the phone calling/chasing up that gets to you in these cases.
Salvage the CD player anyway!

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 13:39:15 PM »
Well that lasted a long time. On Monday I managed to crash into a rather large bin lorry leaving me a bit sore and the care in a right state. I received a phone call today from the insurance company informing me that it is not economically viable to fix the car. I can only presume there was major damage to the engine or chassis. On Monday I was just relieved to get out unhurt but the whole incident is now starting to piss me off. It was my own fault so my ire is self directed. That'll teach me to be more careful next time.

Whoa!! Thats bad news mate!! - Be grateful you are OK though - cars can be replaced - sometimes it's a hassle yes - but so long as you are OK be grateful for that.