Author Topic: There's an R in Brookwood  (Read 22837 times)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Re: R's Ramblings from London
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 19:33:27 PM »
The dust settles on another year and what a year it's been. The most of it spent chasing the release date of RiR - but it was well worth the wait - Alex appearing in Trailer Park Boys - Rush playing live at SARS Fest - TNMS putting on the Convention and the Rio UK Screenings and this very site going from strength to strength.
For 2004 we can look forward to more live shows INCLUDING Europe :) So I hope to meet many more of you guys and girls  at some point. Depending on the dates I would like to do all the UK and most/all of Europe -we shall see ::) and maybe a handful of US dates - pushing it maybe :-/
May I wish each and EVERY member a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may 2004 see your wishes come true.
Oh - and to the lucky 3,000,000 poster well done - I hope Stew can keep track of who it is.
See you next year.
Keith :)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 21:43:48 PM »
Oh - and to the lucky 3,000,000 poster well done - I hope Stew can keep track of who it is.

It'll be 3M hits, Keith, not 3M posts, which would be over 5,400 posts for every member.  And even I haven't posted that many .. ;D

Happy New Year
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 21:44:21 PM by Slim »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2004, 23:42:13 PM »
Well a New Year has started with a mixture of goods and bads - first the bads - Alex's dust up  :-[ not good but I wish him all the best in sorting it out. AFC Wimbledon drawing a league game! :( - there goes our 100% league record for the season and on Saturday losing to Colne in the FA Vase - oh well we can concentrate on the league now and the other 2 cups we are still in.
Obviously best news of the year so far is the soon to come Rush tour announcement and the news that we lucky guys and girls here at TNMS will get "exclusive" tickets thanks to the good work of the TNMS Productions team - Good Work Fellas :)
Dream Theater last night was awesome -see posting in other bands for more of that, and Tuesday I have The White Stripes to look forward too - should be good and the end of the month sees YYZ play their London show - will be good to meet up with Simon and Co again and all the other friendly London TNMS'ers - Have also got tickets for the Australian Pink Floyd show when they come to Croydon early feb so all in all a busy ish start to the year.
Well that's me for now - until next time - Rock hard and play safe ;)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2004, 13:35:30 PM »
Wow - January went quick!! where did it go ? - and VERY good month though I have to say, in the world of R - only one real blip and the cheques in the post for that one - hope it's not too late - those damn speed cameras :-[
Otherwise it was generally all good. And what's more February has started REALLY well too ;D.....let's hope that continues..... ::)
Off to see the Australian Pink Floyd Show in Croydon on Thursday with some friends - should be a good night.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 13:36:11 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2004, 23:15:55 PM »
Well the Aussie Floyd show was good - and all the people I went with were impressed too so that was good.
An odd few days - Thursday lunchtime saw the collapse of the work "internet box" so no connection or emails at work until about 4 o'clock Friday PM - and as always it was just when I most needed to keep track of a few things....
Anyways went to footie yesterday and saw the AFC Wimbledon boys win 9 - 0 against Chessington Utd - although this was cause for celebration it was dampened slightly by the news on Friday that our manager had been suspended by the club - I spoke to him at the game and he said he had been sacked :o :o - christ we have not lost a league game for almost a year - are top of the league and our worst league result all season is ONE draw!!! - how is this justified? We need to find out and soon.
Not much doing today - this week needs to go quick...for a few reasons.....roll on Monday 23rd...and I hope there is a clear sky in Tuscon tonight.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 23:16:41 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2004, 01:47:25 AM »
and I hope there is a clear sky in Tuscon tonight.

There was "and the stars looked down" and the rings of Saturn were very impressive I am told. 8)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2004, 13:13:41 PM »
Hmmm the 17th - "The excitements so thick, you could cut it with a knife.."  - and Happy Birthday SG :)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2004, 13:27:24 PM »
After all that we now have to wait until tomorrow......... :-/

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2004, 13:38:14 PM »
Don't know if anyone else has noticed in this months Classic Rock Magazine.
The poll results are in and.....Greatest Hope for 2004 is..........Rush European Tour ;D

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2004, 22:43:14 PM »
An interesting week all in all - Rush Dates announced finally - now we just need to get the tickets - Stalker Tour still looks good.
Went to see School Of Rock Tuesday - excellent film - and did a little recruitment there too ::)
AFC Wimbledon have officially sacked the manager - and we run out and win 8 - 0 at home to Bedfont - one of the stronger teams in the league - add that to our mid week cup win of 5 - 0 against Raynes Park Vale and last weeks 9-0 away win and we have scored 22 goals and conceeded none sonce our manager has not been in charge :-/ Met 3 people on the train yesterday who had come all the way from Philly to see the game :o on a long weekend break 8) guess they would have enjoyed themselves.
Went to see a band in the evening an old mate drums in "Sweet Leaf" and they rocked - and even dedicated Back in Black to me 8)
Looking forward to tomorrow  ;)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2004, 01:40:35 AM »
A day of ups and downs - at least I've got The Stalker Tour booked - so I am OK - Need to book some Wembley and NEC seats for some friends coming from the US - so hope to get them some decent seats.
Once again well done to Becca and Stew for getting this sorted - should be a good few days ::) ;D

Now just got to cross my fingers that the flight has left Vegas tonight - damn the weather!! >:(

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2004, 13:36:39 PM »
Done it 20min holding and

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2004, 18:33:11 PM »
February gone....and March is upon us - decisions need to be made re catching some/a US show or possible European dates - US looking more likely at present as could combine that with some kind of US holiday - which would be nice. I have 5 firends coming from the US to join us at Wembley and Birmingham - and it now appears another wishes to join them - anyone got a spare for Wembley and Brum - decent seat?
If anyone does in all seriousness then please email me.

Seems to have been a bit light on the live front so far - although that may be down to me too - seems to have been a rather full month Feb.

AFC Wimbledon continue to win we are now 9 points clear at the top with about 5 games in hand over our nearest rival - maybe we can make a league record points wise - our goal difference is over 100 already :o

What does March bring...?? we shall see ... warmer weather for one thing I hope.

As the PM's are still down - just like to say thanks to Jon M for the Avril Lavigne live CD - which has been on the "R" Deth Deck - nice one mate - along with some Rush stuff (as usual) & Jet/Black Keys/Faith No More/Kings X/Offspring to name but a few more.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2004, 13:24:11 PM »
Scored 7 tickets off the ticketline website this morning without any hassle at all Block A2 as well - far smoother than last time.
Roll on September..... ;D

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2004, 00:58:17 AM »
Announcement of Tour in this months Classic Rock Magazine - although only the 1 Wembley show mentioned. It appears that Classic Rock Magazine and Planet Rock Radio are sponsoring the dates - should mean interviews on both are guaranteed then 8)
Advert also features at the back of the Mag.