Author Topic: There's an R in Brookwood  (Read 22268 times)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
Re: R's Ramblings from London
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 13:31:52 PM »
Here we are Rocktober ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 13:32:19 PM by The_Letter_R »

Mark_Williams

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 01:46:40 AM »
Here we are Rocktober ;)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 13:17:31 PM »

No it would be 'It's Christine or Edwina.....and I choose both!'
 ;D

:o :o :o :o :o That's just greedy - but I doubt you'd have much competition from others lmao
By the way don't know if you've seen but Christine Hamilton and her hubby are being used in TV adverts to encourage people to stay in London for Holiday Breaks :o

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2003, 18:46:24 PM »
Let's see now what has happened since the last Post? Went to Herne Bay and won 3-2 in the vase - last minute goal - so you can guess the type of celebrations that followed!
Went to see Kill Bill last Tuesday - very good - watched a truely brutal Chinese Film - Bun Man The Untold Story on Video Friday - don't let the kids see this!!
Went to Whyteleaf on Saturday for a top of the table clash with Chipstead and won 3-0 - and got some very strange looks and questions as was wearing my Rush Footie Away Top - "Hey is that a Scottish Team?" - er "No" I reply "It's a Canadian Rock Band who have designed a Shirt in a Football Style"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 18:47:02 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 18:29:33 PM »
Went to see Jet last night at the London Astoria headlining a bill oddly titled the Student Riot Show or something like that. Also on the bill were David Viner - who we missed as were in the pub ;D and The Hiss who I had never heard of but were quite good and the vocalist who also played guitar oddly sang the first song through his guitar pick ups :o - most weird :-/
Jet were excellent - they play simple Rock'n'Roll somewhere between AC/DC and the Stones with a few quieter numbers in the vein of The Jayhawks - Only downer was the short set - about 50min - but I guess with only 1 album out we weren't going to get a particuarly long one and what we got was good with no fillers 8)
For the weekend apart from the pub I shall be going to see AFC Wimbledon play Hartley Wintney - let's hope we can keep our 100% record up :D
Janes Addiction at Hammersmith to look forward to next week so if any fellow TNMS'ers are going let me know and we can meet for a pre show cocktail  ;D

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2003, 23:48:17 PM »
A suitably "heavy" Saturday was had - we won the footie 6-0 (which was nice ) and I ended up seeing a pub rock covers band in a pub at South Wimbledon which has a late licence ::)
and paid for it this morning :P - managed to catch only the second half of the Rugby - but by all accounts that was the best bit ( for the English anyway ;) ). Now I must remember that if I start drinking at 12:30pm it is not a good idea to still be drinking at 1:30am
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 23:49:04 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 22:51:39 PM »
A good and busy weekend has just been had.
Up early like most on Saturday morning to watch the Rugby - a BIG WELL DONE to the lads for winning - what a game - talk about edge of the seat stuff. Straight after that it was off to Kingston to meet up for AFC Wimbledon's game against Wootton Blue Cross in the FA Vase. Got totally soaked as it has basically rained all weekend but we won 3-0 which made up for it. Have just heard that we are drawn away in the next round against BAT Sports or some such team - who are near Southampton.
Onto Sunday - The Big Day!!! - RUSH IN RIO SCREENINGS :)
Remember to take DVD to Brixton and meet up with Chris who is doing the main organising here. On arrival Chris has already set up the table and the all important donations box. A quick check with the projectionist to get the sound levels sorted and it's all ready to go. Many friendly TNMS faces appear - as I will miss someone out I won't namecheck here but you know who you all were :) a big thanks to all those who turned out and donated and also to Stewart, Chris and others involved in getting these screenings off the ground.
Ended up in the Wetherspoons afterwards - finally down to a group of 4 as others left - me, Craig, Lynda and Hubby David.
A great day was had by me and from what I can make out all those who attended.
Thanks also must go to the staff at The Ritzy who were nothing but helpful both on the day and at last weeks screencheck - special thanks to Kate and Jemma the duty managers ( doubt they will read this but thanks none the less ). :)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 01:39:56 AM »
December already :o - where has the year gone :-/
Work getting busier again which is good .... and bad... depending on how you look at it I guess.....
Went to AFC Wimbledon at the weekend - away to Cove where there is a very nice pub right by the ground called the Thatched Cottage - had a few pints of Broadside before and after the game and a customary "Burger in the Ground :-/"
We won 2 - 0 , Not our best performance and 2 "lucky" goals if I am honest an unfortunate ( for Ash ) deflection for the first and a miss-judged 40 yard cross for the second which ended up in the back of the net!! - top stuff - you don't get that in the Premiership. Our main rivals also lost so we are now 3 points clear with 4 games in hand - won 17 lost 0 drawn 0 8)
On Sunday I caught the second half of the Chelski Man Utd game - didn't really care about the result - then went to see Al Murray ( The Pub Landlord ) at The Fairfield Halls Croydon - top stuff - just glad we were 5 rows back as the first couple of rows get the p!ssed ripped out of them by him.
Looking forward to Monster Magnet at The Astoria this coming Sunday - any other TNMS'ers going let me know an we can meet for a pre-show beverage.
Mainly been listening to : Presto :o, VT, ATWAS, ESL, RiR, Jet, The Black Keys and XFM Radio.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 01:40:58 AM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 01:54:27 AM »
Just noticed on the Official Rush site - I am Alex Lifeson 8) 8)
Dryer #1 - Brought to you by The Letter R 8) 8) 8)
Now if only I could get me a Dryer #1 Shirt :'(

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 18:48:34 PM »
Off to see The 21st Century Doors Show at Wembley tonight -with an open mind  - not sure what to expect - if any other TNMS'ers are going may bump into you there.

Excellent News about the 2004 Rush Tour - start saving now - Europe here we come!!!

Current listening pleasures : Black Keys - Thickfreakness/RiR/Vapor Trails/Compilation Tape - and must dig out my festive "Yobs" Christmas Album Tape - always good for an "alternative" Xmas singalong ;)

Oh and if he hasn't gone yet - Have a Good Trip to the US Chris!!

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
:oRe: R's Ramblings from London
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2003, 16:46:02 PM »
Notching up my 1800th Post :o here and time to sign off and leave you all in peace for the rest of the weekend. ;)
Am off to the New Forest tomorrow to see AFC Wimbledon play BAT Sports FC in the FA Vase - just hope it isn't called off.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2003, 23:06:53 PM »
Seems that Fate removed one of my posts from the weekend so went back down 1 so here again ;) is my 1800th Post 8)
Fate also cancelled our footie yesterday so game is now re-scheduled for next Saturday - not sure if I can make that now as have Metallica in the evening - oh well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 23:07:22 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 13:21:47 PM »
Well the Birthday is over and done with for this year and today is another cause for celebration as not only is it my last day at work before our Christmas shutdown :) but is also my first year anniversary of being a TNMS member  8) and I must say without a hint of irony or sarcasm that I have met a hell of a lot of nice people since being here and I look forward to the site growing in strength next year and meeting up with many more of you all on tour later in 2004.
I have almost finished my Rush Xmas Quiz which I will try and post in the next few days - just a bit of fun for you all to ponder over while the Turkey goes down. ;)
May I wish each and every one of you guys and gals a Merry Christmas - Have a Good One.
Keith

Dave_Pierce

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 20:40:39 PM »
I have met a hell of a lot of nice people since being here and I look forward to the site growing in strength next year and meeting up with many more of you all on tour later in 2004....May I wish each and every one of you guys and gals a Merry Christmas - Have a Good One.
Keith

The feeling is very mutual Keith!  :D

Have a wonderful "R" Christmas & New Years and may RUSH appear on your shores before you know it for the concert event of a lifetime!  8)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2003, 20:50:09 PM »
Thanks Dave - let's hope you can join us for the Euro Rush experience :)