Author Topic: There's an R in Brookwood  (Read 20785 times)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
There's an R in Brookwood
« on: July 29, 2003, 00:55:03 AM »
"Then he waited, marshalling his thoughts and brooding over his still untested powers. For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next.
But he would think of something."
Arthur C. Clarke 2001 A Space Odyssey

A bit over the top maybe but I feel slightly humbled being here and that quote came to mind - I hope I won't let anyone on "The Team" down.

Maybe I might make more sense tomorrow... ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 13:22:01 PM by The_Letter_R »

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
Re: R's Ramblings from London
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 15:42:18 PM »

Sorry mate!

You start making sense and you'll be no good on this management team!

Very big welcome from all of us I'm sure.

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 16:11:52 PM »
Indeedly.  Welcome aboard Mr. Letter R, Sir.

Making sense is NOT a priority.  I mean, have you ever read any of Stew's diary?  ;)
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 18:28:16 PM »
Hmm I guess you're right there chaps if making sense was a priority none of us would be here lmao - cheers for the welcome anyway. :)

Firstly I'd like to thank my local neighbourhood squirrel who is prime suspect No1 for removing the head of my prize almost 10ft tall sunflower in the early hours - I'm onto you buddy watch out!
Oh well - Reasons to be cheerful - ZZ Top at Brixton tomorrow - looking forward to a good show - may see some of you down there. More Rush footage to look forward to from the Sars gig. At the weekend I am going to Newport Wales for an AFC Wimbledon pre-season friendly we have booked a hotel for the night so "lock up your daughters Newport here we come ;D"
Monday - day off - recovery and Car MOT (fingers crossed) and Tuesday another day off as I have free tickets to the trade day of the Beer Festial at Olympia !! Much free beer is hoped for! ;D -
Then back to work Wednesday...

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 00:39:01 AM »
The "Good Work Fella!" award goes to Stewart this week for the smooth transfer to our new home - well done for all the hard work and no doubt head scratching to achieve this.

Had a very good weekend away in Newport Wales - the footie was a draw but the Saturday night in Town was amazing - so many good bars, and limos kept turning up full of girls on Hen Nights- Heaven!
Car passed the MOT Monday- just needed a new number plate - I won't bore you all with the details of obtaining one of those now - let's just say I almost needed to supply a urine sample to prove my ID!!
Beer festival was good Tuesday and well done to Scottish Brewer Harviestoun for winning the Camra Best Beer of the Year Award for their "Bitter & Twisted" Brew - That's 2 years running for Scottish Brewers winning this award.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 18:24:57 PM »
Well another "Good Work Fellas" award - tip on the magic hat and all that to Stewart and Chris for the smooth transition of move number 2 - you guys are getting really good at this ;)

Not that much been going on in other areas - live gigs were looking a bit sparse but now have a few to look forward to thru Sept - Dec.

The CCL season started on Saturday and a trip to the God Awful Feltham Arena - that name is a joke ! - was rewarded by a 2 0 away win for AFC Wimbledon over Feltham and was celebrated by too many pints of ESB - OH well - a new seasons starts and the liver hasn't recovered from the last one!
Worryingly my season ticket still has not arrived  - reckon the Postie might have nicked it ! :-/- first home game Wednesday night let's hope it comes soon.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 18:48:54 PM »
What we haven't moved in a while - what's going on...? - well at least we are settled now  :)- although my Postie obviously thinks I have moved as no season ticket :o - got a replacement no probs though and we are now top of the league with 4 wins in 4! ;D
Things are looking up on the live show front now - I plan to be at the following shows if anyone cares to join me for a beer or 2 :

Sept
7th - Hamsters - Sutton
12th - YYZ - Walthamstow - still on I assume Simon.
19th - Kings X - London
26th - Mountain - Sutton - or somewhere in Crewe :-/
27th - THE EVENT OF THE YEAR - NEED I SAY MORE!
Oct
1st - Michael Katon - London
18th - Motorhead - Hammersmith
31st - Def Leppard - Hammersmith
Nov
Nothing!
Dec
7th - Monster Magnet - London
11th - 21st Century Doors - Wembley
20th - Metallica - Earls Court - if the Ticketmaster link ever works! >:(
Jan
17th - Dream Theater - Hammersmith

Until next time.....it's been emotional ;)

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 18:54:24 PM »
Well I missed The Hamsters Show last night as ended up having a heavier than expected night on Saturday. Went to see AFC Wimbledon beat Westfield 7-2 at Woking in the FA Vase and ended up spending the evening in various drinking establishments there - started at 11:30am and finished at 11:00pm with the game the only drinking distraction! I can recall finishing the night with rounds of various shots - nice ;) Liver is now in the recovery position for the week. :P

The YYZ gig on Friday is one I WILL be at so hope to see as many London TNMS'ers there as possible.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 18:54:55 PM by The_Letter_R »

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 18:40:09 PM »
Another week rolls on and another AFC Wimbeldon victory - this time 4 - 1 over Farnham Town - that's 7 straight wins ;D
Found out that in a drunken state the previous week I put my name down to stay at Butlins in Bognor this weekend as we are playing Pagham in the next round of the FA Vase. Will have to travel up Saturday Morning though as have Kings X to see on Friday night in town. Game has now been moved to Sunday too...
Which means with the Crewe trip next week I get a 3 day working week which IMHO is the way it should always be ::)
The gigs keep rolling in - now have to add Jet (6/11) Janes Addiction (12/11) and David Lee Roth (18/11) to the itenary so if anyone else is going along to these get in touch and I may see you down there.
Endlessly Rocking.....  R ;D

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 18:48:57 PM »
Not much time for ramblings at present. Just to say see you all at the weekend and safe travellings ...and for all those who can't make it - You don't know what you're missing!

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
8)Re: R's Ramblings from London
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 00:12:08 AM »
What a weekend!!!???!!!! Firstly a BIG BIG THANKS to Simon and Stewart ( and others ) who put the convention together and made the day go well with most people I met seeming to enjoy themselves and of course to YYZ for putting on a great show - damn those broken strings eh Simon!
I got involved helping on the Bring and Buy Stall which had its advantages - like securing a Grace Under Pressure Tour Programme for myself- nice 8) before it actually hit the table ::)
Anyway I am jumping ahead somewhat.
Met up with Chris on the way up Friday and apart from heavy traffic and heading the wrong way on the M6 ??? it was a fairly smooth trip - hell Chris even dozed off - a testament to my good driving I reckon ;D - or maybe it was my dodgy compilation tapes ::) or the large amount of Jack he had drunk the night before  ::)
On arrival at Crewe the fun really started - met up with Kevin - room mate for the night and a large cast of rogues from this very board - I know I am going to forget someone so to prevent any omission I shall just refer to the gathering as the Crewe Curry Club. But a big HELLO to you all it was great putting faces to names and having Gebs attempt to explain The Hub to me :-[
Saturday Kevin and I were up and about early - mainly due to the active Curry lmao - big apologies to The Waverley plummer - God knows what that S bend was hit with ::). A quick call to Andy (TAP) at just after 9 showed he was a little delicate too -   ;D
By the time 12o'clock arrived we were lall gathered outside the Limelight - and there was a queue!! - with young Craig at the front!! - had he camped out all night!!
Mr Q was nice and sober for the meet and greet and I soon met Simon and Stewart inside.
I spent the early part helping on the bring and buy stall - which went though some very busy bursts - especially when a guy turned up with a box of about 20 boots which were sold for a fiver a time in about 10 minutes to hungry Rush fans.
The main highlight of the afternoon was the golden nuggets of info from Simons interview with Geddy and of course the Rio footage - 38 min of it  ;D ;D- when it cruely ended in the middle of The Pass. :o
After the traditionally long convention raffle which Craig seemed to win every other prize we waited for YYZ to come on. LyndaE turned up again at some point too - this time without hubby and kids :( as her daughter and friend were too young to stay despite the efforts of Simon to let them stay.
YYZ were once again excellent despite some guitar and string problems experienced by Simon - I managed to record the whole set which seems to have come out quite well - must talk to Simon about this.
After this it was THE DISCO - Andy was on fine form and didn't really need my help - my moment came when he popped for a beer - CD in -  fade across - nice link in and then the club decides it is time to close at 1:30 - oh well at least I got my one track in.
A quick walk back to my B&B for the night lmao -OK got a bit lost as Tom G and Paul S know :-[ I got there eventually.
Up at a decent hour full English and on the road by 9:30 back home in London in three and a half hours - including fuel stop - not bad 8)
A great weekend and thanks and hellos to all TNMSers that made it so for me. Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2003, 20:38:55 PM »
Don't think I mentioned the excellent footie result last night  ;D

AFC Wimbledon 7  Chessington Utd 0
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Our BEST result thus far - and that makes 19 goals in our last 3 games with only 1 against - and that was an own goal!
We have now carved out a nice little gap at the top 8)

Mark_Williams

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2003, 20:05:50 PM »
Don't think I mentioned the excellent footie result last night

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2003, 22:16:26 PM »

When does work finish on your new 40,000 seater stadium?

Methinks you are confusing us with The Hockey Team again ;D

Mark_Williams

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 23:33:25 PM »

Methinks you are confusing us with The Hockey Team again ;D

Just watched the goals from the game - you were awful - better luck next time
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 23:33:37 PM by Mark_Williams »