Author Topic: Neph's Northern Ruminations  (Read 19357 times)

Nephronic

• Noob
Re: Neph's Northern Ruminations
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 02:08:58 AM »
I'm off ten-pin bowling tomorrow, God have mercy on my soul.
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 02:31:25 AM »
After mocking the idea of ten-pin bowling I found, to my amazement, that I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to going again. I just pretended I was in The Big Lebowski, called myseld Dude a few times and off I went. I was complete rubbish, but what the hell a good time was had by all. I'm not usually much cop at these 'family' things but I abandoned my inhibitions and had a whale of a time. We stopped off at Borders Bookstore where I managed to pick up a Charlatans CD for

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 05:35:35 AM »
I'm usually tucked up in bed by this time but I was on nightshift last week so my body clock is fecked. It's the school holiday's this week so it's daddy day care for me at the moment, might go ten pin bowling tomorrow or I might shove on a DVD, stick them in front of the tele and ignore them. We're all off to the land of the soap dodgers (Glasgow) on Saturday for a great day in the Neph household. I'm taking my daughter to her first ever football match - the mighty Celtic v. the not so mighty Dundee Utd. I hope she likes it as it gives me an excuse to go more often. I've been considering putting my name on the waiting list for a season ticket but since I work a lot of Saturdays I'm not sure if it'll be worthwhile. Still waiting on the Rush tourdates, like everyone else I suppose, hopefully Alex's little misdemeanour won't get in the way of what will surely be a tour to remember. The new year resolution is going surprisingly well, almost succumbed to temptation a couple of times but I managed to resist, what a good boy I am. ;D Haven't been listening to much music lately, just the new Air album and some Oasis boots that Rog sent. As for all things tele-visual, well mainly Sex Commandos if I'm being truthful. I've almost worn it out - the discs not the other thing, although that is a bit raw. :o Better stop before Stew reprimands me.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 03:02:10 AM »
Back on nightshift tomorrow. :'( I absolutely hate it, mind numbingly boring. Had a rather good weekend, took my daughter to Parkhead to see Celtic, unfortunately she found it very dull but at least she saw Celtic winning.

Stayed over at a hotel, well if you can call a Travelodge a hotel, and visited the excellent Glasgow Science Centre. It's got loads to keep the children occupied as well as an IMAX screen that was showing a 3D feature, weird. It is directly across from the SECC, I glanced over now and again wondering if Rush would play there on the tour. :D When I got back home I got the news of the imminent announcement of the tour dates. At last I'll know when I've to work out time off work. This is going to take a bit of craft and guile as there are no more holiday weeks available that month. I may have to go down the injured back route, hate to do it but I'm not missing the tour for anything. Roll on Tuesday. :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 05:04:59 AM by Slim »

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 04:44:13 AM »
Is there an echo in here?  :D

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2004, 04:57:16 AM »
Is there an echo in here?

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2004, 05:05:32 AM »
Is there an echo in here?  :D

No .. ? :)

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 01:11:28 AM »
What a couple of days it's been. The madness, the mayhem, the fretting, and eventually the joy. And that was just finding out the password, how stupid did I feel having to say 'nebbish' over the phone? Between myself and Kevin Owen we managed to get good seats for all 4 shows although I had to constantly redial for an hour before getting through, as for the website - forget it!! It's going to be a long wait between now and September but after 12 years a few more months will hardly matter. I would like to have done the stalker tour but I'm finding it difficult enough to justify being away for the time that I am, driving back home immediately after the Manchester show will be no great joy but if it means being back the next day to get the children to school etc. then so be it. I look forward to seeing you all in September.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 02:10:26 AM »
I'm going to shout this out loud.

[size=8]
I've just paid off the mortgage!!
[/size]

Mrs. Neph and myself are no longer shackled to the Alliance and Leicester. Well we are, but only to the sum of 79 pence a month. It's rather a pleasant thought knowing that your house actually belongs to you and not the money lenders. However, in another couple of years we'll be back were we started when we have to move to a bigger place. Until then I'll enjoy being mortgage free.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 02:17:47 AM by Mickael_Kerr »

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 02:53:41 AM »
Nice one - congrats 8)

Analog RH

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • Hail Satan!
    • andrewfield.net
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 03:02:00 AM »
That's great news, Neph!  :D

I have another 21 years to go.  :( :-X :'( :'( :'(

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2004, 03:10:03 AM »
That's great news, Neph!

Wim

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
    • 2112-fotografie.com
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 20:34:36 PM »
Ah, that's why you can join the Stalker Tour.....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 20:35:22 PM by beijs015 »

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2004, 03:11:04 AM »
Ah, that's why you can join the Stalker Tour.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 03:15:43 AM by Mickael_Kerr »

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2004, 05:16:22 AM »
I haven't mused for a while as absolutely nothing has happened. This is partly due to my general mood which has been low to say the least. I've been like this once before and it eventually passes but at the moment I can't seem to be motivated about or interested in anything. Even the Rush dates barely raise a spark of excitement. My life is fairly idyllic at the moment so there is no reason for me to be so down. I'm usually a fairly easy going person (believe it or not) but I've been a real miserable sod lately and have probably a nightmare to live with. Anyway, it will pass and I'll be back to my usual irritating self. I hope to bring happier tidings next time.