Author Topic: Neph's Northern Ruminations  (Read 18703 times)

Nephronic

• Noob
Neph's Northern Ruminations
« on: December 17, 2003, 02:01:22 AM »
First of all a big thank you to Stewart for making me a moderator, secondly many thanks to Ash for letting me share the king sized duvet that is the football section. My psychiatrist said having my own little special place to post will do me the world of good, may even make the voices go away.  :o :o :o
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
Re: Neph's Northern Ruminations
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 21:19:05 PM »
You have the 'voices' too?

I always thought it was Ron!  ::)

Dave_Pierce

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 00:40:52 AM »
First of all a big thank you to Stewart for making me a moderator...

D'OH!!  :-[  :( I never thanked Stew, at least not publicly!

You & I are the "newbies" I guess Neph.... congrats on your selection!  8)

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 01:56:50 AM »
D'OH!!

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 23:14:42 PM »
I'm off to my work's Christmas night out, me and 20 odd females. Wish me luck! :o

Ron

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • Fanboi? Enigma!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 00:34:28 AM »
You have the 'voices' too?

I always thought it was Ron!
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 23:06:18 PM »
It's been a strange old weekend. Saturday morning - woke up with the mother of all hangovers with my wife telling me we had to take our son, who is 3, to the hospital. He hasn't been well since Wednesday and had become very dehydrated. He had to stay in Saturday night, with me sleeping on a mattress, on the floor beside him. Christ, children's wards are noisy at night, monitors bleeping and whirring, children shouting and crying, and nursing staff constantly on the go. Anyway, he only had stay in overnight and seems to be on the mend. I hope we never have to go through that again.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 01:51:45 AM »
Hospitals, hospitals and even more hospitals. Another day another hospital, this time it was my mothers turn to be taken. A review of her bunionectomy, I promise I didn't make that up it's a real operation. Anyway, despite working in one I hate hospitals and don't want to see the inside of one for a long, long time.

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 03:22:52 AM »
It's been a strange old weekend. Saturday morning - woke up with the mother of all hangovers with my wife telling me we had to take our son, who is 3, to the hospital. He hasn't been well since Wednesday and had become very dehydrated. He had to stay in Saturday night, with me sleeping on a mattress, on the floor beside him. Christ, children's wards are noisy at night, monitors bleeping and whirring, children shouting and crying, and nursing staff constantly on the go. Anyway, he only had stay in overnight and seems to be on the mend. I hope we never have to go through that again.

Sorry Neph, missed this message.

My sincere sympathies, I've been there & done that & know what it's like.

Best regards.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 01:23:31 AM »
Many thanks for the kind words. Also, just thought I'd take this chance to wish evertone at TNMS

[size=32]
A
VERY
MERRY
CHRISTMAS
[/size]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 01:32:14 AM by Mickael_Kerr »

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2003, 21:14:30 PM »
Well, that's another Christmas over with and it was very pleasent indeed. The Rush bobbleheads and new Celtic top were very pleasant surprises, usually I get absolutely nothing for Christmas, ah poor me. The new year awaits and I've made a decision so huge it will change my life, well that's what I'm hoping for anyway. I'm not usually one for resolutions but I really need to do this. I will reveal all in my new year honours list. ;)

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 00:47:54 AM »
The dying embers of 2003 are throwing off their final flickers of light. Personally it's been a funny old year, full of highs and lows - the highs being promotion at work and my 40th birthday trip to Toronto. The lows I'll keep to myself, at least they are gone now and won't resurface ever again. Other highs include this place, it's always a pleasure to read everyone's posts (even if I don't agree with all of them) and being made a moderater was an unexpected, and very pleasing surprise. Long may TNMS prosper and a hearty thank you to Stewart and Chris for making this place the best Rush site on the web. It was a funny old year football wise, Celtic had their truly magnificent UEFA Cup run that ended in disappointment. In fact we ended up with absolutely nothing to show for our efforts this year, losing the league on goal difference on the last day of the season. However, the UEFA and FIFA Fair Play awards to the 80,000 Celtic fans that flooded Seville warmed the cockles of my heart, being a football supporter is more about being part of a huge family than winning. That last statement is obviously bollocks but since we won bugger all it'll have to do until we win the league next year, being 8 points clear already means it's in the bag. Scotland were just pipped to the Euro 2004 place, well just pipped if Holland hadn't scored those final 4 goals. I don't support Scotland for winning anyway, it's for the eternal hope that maybe one day we'll do something truly heroic - like beat Moldovia. This year I came to an extremely important decision, one that I should have made a number of years ago - I'M GIVING UP ALCOHOL!!!!! I will admit to having a drink problem for a few years, I've sometimes thought that I'm an alcoholic but what's alcoholism if it's not a drink problem? Anyway, today is to be my last day of the pleasures of the grape and the grain. It's not going to be easy but, for the sake of my family, it's something that I need to do. In some ways I'm looking forward to it, not having my life revolve around having my next drink should be quite interesting. Now onto next year, the forthcoming rush tour illuminates 2004 like a comet in the night sky (very poetic Neph). I'll be attend all the UK dates and as many of the Euro dates as my wife will allow. As for the rest of the year, I'll settle for a no frills kind of year. The kind that passes without you even noticing. The only thing I ask for is more sex, but I say that every year. One day my dreams will come true. Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity in wishing each and every TNMS member a happy and prosperous new year. Let 2004 be truly Rushtastic!!

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »
2004 starts with a bang, well for Alex it did! Poor chap, I'm sure a few of us have been in a similar situation, you drink a bit too much, get a bit lippy, get punched, break a couple of teeth, admit that calling that big guy at the end of the bar a "fat bastard" was a bit of a mistake. Talking of drinking too much, or should that be too little? Many thanks to the incredible support everyone has given me in regards to my 'little problem'. I was quite overwhelmed that so many people took the time to add their support, many thanks to everyone.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 03:50:22 AM »
Joy Oh Joy! It's off to the in-laws tomorrow for a tedious weekend. The only thing that usually keeps me going is their bountiful wine cellar, but since I'm abstaining I don't even have that pleasure to look forward to. Anyway, it's only until Sunday and we're flying there and back so I don't have the 800 mile drive there and back.

Nephronic

• Noob
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 00:20:26 AM »
What a lovely day it's been. I took my two children to see one of the wonders of the world - CELTIC PARK!!
We had a nice tour round the trophy room, the replica of the European Cup was lovely and shiny and it was also nice to see all the medals donated by former Celtic players, which included a European Cup winners medal. Of course numbnuts here forgot to take his camera so no pics were taken, however we'll go back in a few months and do it all again. Still waiting on those Rush Euro dates, I'm trying not to think about it too much as I have a tendency to just about pee myself when I do. Enjoying the chess challenge that's going on although at this rate the game will finish in 2008. You can see what's going on at http://www.t-n-m-s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=gensport;action=display;num=1071859675;start=90 Its X-Gandalf-X v. TNMS. Bye for now.