14 Days and Counting until EuCon'05

Started by Stewart, July 23, 2005, 16:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

I'd like to hand you over to my colleague, Mr Analog Rocking Hard!!!...

Without further ado, I am pleased to announce the new venue for EuCon05: "Leeds University Union - The Old Bar". You'd think we'd be wary of University facilities by now, wouldn't ya?  ::) We'd like to thank the Old Bar for making their facilities available to us at such short notice, especially as they're far superior to those at LMSU (looks like their decision to refurb actually did us a favour!  8) ).

It gets better....  ;)

Venue will be open from noon to 11pm for EuCon. Then, in a different part of the venue, they hold the Rock Of Ages rock club which stays open until 3am!!  :o :D 8)

It gets better.....  ;)

The Old Bar is less than a quarter of a mile from both the Leeds MET and The Merrion Hotel, making your stagger home a short and painfree one.  ;D If you get peckish midway through EuCon there is basic fare in the venue and also a small supermarket and a number of restaurants very close by.

IT GETS BETTER!!!!    :D :D :D :D

The Old Bar manager asked Stewart to ask you guys "would you like to have some real ale to drink on the day?"  :D I'm going to start a poll over this weekend to ask you just that!  8)

There is only one downside to the venue that we can see - due to a very strict licensing policy under 18s are only allowed in until 8pm. Stewart is seeking permission to extend this to 11pm, but we can't promise anything just yet.  If this causes a problem with children, or if you yourself are under 18, please drop Stew or I a PM (  ;D ).

TICKETS

Tickets won't be sent out in advance of the event this year. Obviously the late change in venue has made things a bit more interesting on the ticketing front. Thus your ticket will be awaiting you at the Old Bar on the day, available to collect anytime after 12pm.

Talking of tickets, they're selling very healthily indeed. We hope to have some tickets for sale on the day, but the best way to guarantee your spot is to buy in advance: visit the EuCon website for details.

And that's today's news. More tomorrow. :)

The Analog Rockin Hard Parent

Mayne

Thanx fellas you have made a very over 18 extremely happy;D.
Really looking forward to it eventho I havent told 'er indoors I am going, still crosses to bear and all that. See you in a fortnight.
Bill M.

Dixkot

Most excellent news.

And get the Real Ale on!!!  ;D

Exiled Yorkie

July 23, 2005, 21:45:09 pm #3 Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 21:45:30 pm by EXILED_YORKIE
even though i aint going, I'd like to say that leeds is a cracking night out, especially if your single
1992 Sheffield
1994 Worcester, MA
1996 Albany, NY
2002 Pnc NJ, Camden NJ, MSG NYC, Philly PA, Cont
Airlines, NJ
2004 Pnc NJ, Radio City NYC, MEN
2007 Pnc, NJ, Camden, NJ, MSG NYC
2008 Philly, PA, PNC, NJ
2010 Camden, NJ, Allentown, PA, PNC,NJ
2011 MSG, NYC
2013  Atlantic City NJ
2015 Toronto,CA

zoony

Just like to say well done to you for making sure we,ve still got a great day to look forward to!

Tom Garrett

Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Neph

July 24, 2005, 01:19:49 am #6 Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 01:20:07 am by Neph
What happened with the old venue?

BaldiePete

A bit of googling on this place shows that it has the longest bar in Europe  ;D

Tom Garrett

QuoteA bit of googling on this place shows that it has the longest bar in Europe
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

BaldiePete

July 24, 2005, 03:40:03 am #9 Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 04:40:33 am by BigFatGuy
nope, longest bar in the world is at the Galway race track. ;)

Why does that not surprise me  lmao

Oor Wullie

Great news.

Well done to Stewart, Andy and the rest of the EuCon committee for making this happen!!!

;D ;D ;D
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

Neph

What's the address of the new venue?

Stewart

Full address details etc will be on the EuCon website tomorrow.

rivendell

Don`t like that place so going to world superbikes instead :D :D :D :D :D

Analog RH