"Ghost Rider" - film/TV?

Started by Stewart, July 12, 2004, 15:00:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oor Wullie

Quoteoh and an accent as well, the last I checked Neil isn't Scottish ;)
But I'm sure if John worked at it then he could develop a Canadian accent.

He had to do an English one for the Mummy films.
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

Analog RH

He had to do an English one for the Mummy films.

Yes. And he failed miserably eh?  ;)

Neil_W

Springing Bruno out of the joint, and Macallan Whisky.

Vapor Trailer

What gets me though is the fact that we hear so much about his privacy and the need to avoid the spotlight after his terrible losses ... then suddenly its going to be a public movie. I'm just very surprised. (
I agree Neil.
I suppose its his ying and yang - wanting to be a famous recluse.
I wish I could live it all again.

Gman

Spot on as always Mr Davidson. Seeing as Ghost Rider picked up on his desperate financial situation, along with the comment to me by an insider that the VT tour was partly to to get Neil out of a hole, my guess is that this is his pension fund. What gets me though is the fact that we hear so much about his privacy and the need to avoid the spotlight after his terrible losses ... then suddenly its going to be a public movie. I'm just very surprised. And it is a dull book ... well written ... but dull. :(

I can't believe the cynicism about this project and the book as a whole. Let me remind everyone, lest they forget, that we are extremely lucky to be here discussing present and future Rush topics, because after the stuff that has happened to Neil, we're lucky he is still here. You know what I'm saying. He lost his daughter and his wife in the same year!!!

Think about that with your own family, and feel fortunate that it hasn't happened to you. Now I would think that having survived that and came through the other side, and still feels motivated enough to continue to write great songs would be reason enough for all us Rush fans to celebrate.

But no, we have people feeling they have the right to question the guy's motives!! Would you all rather not have the band around? Would you rather not have Neil Peart around? Or perhaps would it be better if he turned out to be a person like Kurt Cobain who killed himself rather than face up to tragedy?

I just don't get it and I tell you all this, if NP wants to top up his pension, I'll gladly make a donation, it's the least I can do for all the pleasure he has given me.

Gman

Roberts_in_Rio

Think about that with your own family, and feel fortunate that it hasn't happened to you.
Gman

I don't feel fortunate. It has happened to me.

Gman

I don't feel fortunate. It has happened to me.

My friend, all of us will suffer bereavement at some stage in our lives, that's mortality for you.

The context of the comment within this group is that we are all here for one reason and that's the music of Rush and how it has affected our lives. Without NP, there's no Rush, no songs, no reason for us to be here.

That's my point. Simple isn't it. Because it's a choice as is buying tickets, books ,albums or whatever.

I've made my choice

Gman

150 mails,ya beauty!!

Neil_W

I can't believe the cynicism about this project and the book as a whole.
Gman
Gman ... I am not questioning his motives and can actually relate (in part) to the effects of double bereavement. I was more surprised that Neil's private grief is now entering the public domain. At this point Stewart steps in and says its none of our business.True ... but I can still be surprised cant I? As for Neil's pension ... I think he will do well by my/our 30th Anniversay ticket sales, CD/LPs, books and tour merchandise. And more power to him; Neil, Alex and Geddy deserve every penny! 8) The book is still dull though  :(