2 Down 3 to Go!

Started by Stewart, March 05, 2004, 15:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

If you care to pass your eyes over the Tour Dates page, you'll notice that the 1st night at Wembley and the NEC gig are both SOLD OUT.

This is an amazing feat, many, myself included, didn't expect the shows to sell out at all, nevermind in a little over a week.

Congrats to the band, and thank you to the fans :-)

mark_kennedy

Don't mention it ;)

Neillwith2Ls

I think the band need to be laying on a special thank-you buffet for Mark W  lmao
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Jonners

Don't mention it ;)

Brilliant news! If the band needed any reassurance of their popularity over here, this is it.
The new songs are an abomination

Dave Brenchley

We're all here in celebration, this music's gonna make us strong....
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Dave Brenchley

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/kennedy_street/extra_wembley.htm

Are those new pictures of the guys or are they from VT? In any case, don't show them to young children - they're pretty scary!  :o
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Sean

March 05, 2004, 15:58:32 pm #6 Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 16:02:20 pm by Stewart
Let's hope SRO and Atlantic take a note of this the next time they are planning a marketing campaign for a new studio album.

Mark_Williams

quite amazing - I for one never doubted it for a second  ::)  ;D

I think they need to schedule some more dates - they could squeeze in the 7th at Wembley no probs  :D

döm

Fantastic news -

I think that might persuade them to  try Ireland as well - come on Rush you can fill The Point ;)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Mark_Williams

QuoteIf you care to pass your eyes over the Tour Dates page, you'll notice that the 1st night at Wembley and the NEC gig are both SOLD OUT.

This is an amazing feat, many, myself included, didn't expect the shows to sell out at all, nevermind in a little over a week.

No thank you  ;)  :D

mark_kennedy

Are those new pictures of the guys or are they from VT? In any case, don't show them to young children - they're pretty scary!

Dave Brenchley

Along with the words "top of Neils head" and "wig"  ;D
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Stu Clark

I'm staggered and I mean that in the nicest possible way.  I was worried that there might be plenty of leg-room in those arenas!  But I shouldn't have been so anxious - the Rush flame burns eternal!

As PPG says, lets hope this means the record companies etc. will take note.  

Well done Rush, well done the fans and well done Stew.

mark_kennedy

Thailand Express

This is absolutely SENSATIONAL!
Few artists of the same vintage, and I'm struggling to think of a non-British one, could have the same pulling power with virtually no publicity. Bearing in mind the recent album sales figures it really is an incredible feat.
Fingers crossed the Florida justice system doesn't deny us the priviledge.