"Rush In Rio" - Reviews and Details

Started by Stewart, September 28, 2003, 22:14:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Bayfield

QuoteOK I have a couple of questions...........

When the band takes the stage was it light or dark?

As I saw the 37 minute teaser, I can say it was pretty dark, but not too dark as you can clearly see the entire crowd. The sweeping shots of the entire stadium looking at the stage are a great treat.

QuoteIs Tom Sawyer really a good opening song?

YES! Hell yes!

QuoteWhat's the lighting like?

I'll let Stewart answer the question in the context intended as 3 hours is alot of time, but for the first 37 it's great, you can see everything VERY nicely... shame there was no pyrotechnics in the early stages.

QuoteAny drum stick throws?

Yes, YYZ. Causing much cheering in the concert hall at Crewe.

Can't answer the last one, but I hope that helps.
I'm old enough not to care too much, about what you think of me.
But I'm young enough to remember the future, and the way things ought to be

Bman2112

Nice, thanks Craig.

I still can't get my head round Tom Sawyer being an opening song - OLV would have been better IMO.

Stew - Have you seen the whole thing?
Snakes n Arrows.

Neillwith2Ls

Am new in town, be gentle!  ;)

By chance I stumbled across a news piece online about "Rush in Rio", and 4 days later here I am! That lead to the new official site, their message-board (wouldn't let me join, as I had a hotmail email add), and then on to here. It was nice to find a European site, an active message-board, and so many like-minded fans!

Unfortunately I discovered your site, and hence the existence of EUCon at about midnight on Friday, so was unable to make it up over the weekend - gutted! I'll make sure I get there for next year, I quite fancy giving 'Working Man' or 'The Trees' a go on the guitareeokee thing!

Having just spent all weekend upsetting the neighbours with Different Stages at wonderful levels of volume, I'm now back in the saddle, and dribbling in anticipation at the imminent CD and DVD releases.

There you go, that's me. Oh, some background: I've been a fan since about '88 I think, and was lucky enough to catch them on their last UK visit in '91 on their 'Roll The Bones' tour. Just waiting (like the rest of you) for the next tour...

Hello, and look forward to chatting to you all!  :D

Neill x
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Stewart

Craig don't worry, ALL songs from the tour are there as is...

"D'oh, a Deer, a Female Deer" ;-)

Craig Bayfield

Craig Bayfield

QuoteCraig don't worry, ALL songs from the tour are there as is...

"D'oh, a Deer, a Female Deer" ;-)

Wonderful :)

I was gutted to miss Time Stand Still for ASoH, it's one of my all time faves.

Neillwith2Ls

Cheers Craig - it's "up" as far as travelling to EUCon, as am located down in deepest darkest Sussex, Creepy-Crawley to be precise. Will make the journey next year, possibly with my gf, but more likely with my mate (fellow Rush fan, and veteran of the RTB tour too!)

Message to the board guitarists - can anyone tell me how to play the riff from Spirit of Radio (the opening argeggio bit)?

Craig Bayfield

Message to the board guitarists - can anyone tell me how to play the riff from Spirit of Radio (the opening argeggio bit)?

I'm sure this kid:

will be able to tell you (I forgot his name, but he did Spirit of Radio at the Guitareoke as you called it) and he sure blew everyone away. I think he was either the youngest or 2nd youngest person there. I think I was older than him though.

Dunno if he ever comes here though

Neillwith2Ls

Nice one.... grrrr, just what I need to be shown up by someone half my age!    ;) Nah, seriously, any help would be appreciated.

Micke.K

QuoteCheers Craig - it's "up" as far as travelling to EUCon, as am located down in deepest darkest Sussex, Creepy-Crawley to be precise. Will make the journey next year, possibly with my gf, but more likely with my mate (fellow Rush fan, and veteran of the RTB tour too!)

I'm sure You will be able to find it here:

http://www.cygnusproductions.com/rtp/

I hope You know how to read tabs? It's very easy to learn if You don't.

Neillwith2Ls

I'm sure You will be able to find it here:

http://www.cygnusproductions.com/rtp/

I hope You know how to read tabs? It's very easy to learn if You don't.

Thanks Fuzzface, on my way there now! Yep, tabs are an old friend of mine  ;) - most of my band's setlist was learnt from stuff downloaded!

Chris Quartly

It was Peter who played Spirit of Radio at the karaoke, he's Fuzzy's son.  ;D
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Craig Bayfield

I knew he was someones son. I just have a hazy memory of everything, despite name-tags and all.

Right Peter, son of Fuzzy. I have noted and remembered, I doubt I'll forget that in a hurry.

Reg

Peter, son of Fuzzy.  Sure has a bright future.  He looks the part too.   Great hair.  Great guitar player.  Also, as my wife pointed out, he looks like me when I was his age.  Good looking kid!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide