"Rush in Rio" - DVD - UK Release date

Started by Stewart, September 22, 2003, 21:14:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

September 22, 2003, 21:14:27 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 21:29:11 pm by Stewart
For Immediate Release, London, England -

Sanctuary Visual Entertainment in association with Coming Home Studios and Anthem Entertainment is proud to announce the 10th November 2003 DVD and VHS debut of "Rush in Rio", an extraordinary live performance from one of rocks most respected bands, RUSH.

Stu Clark

I am sorry about the delay to November but everything else sounds magnificent - especially the multi camera angle stuff.

Ta Stew!

Sean

Just echoing what Stu said - thanks for the info Stew - roll on November.

Is the CD delayed as late as this also or is that still scheduled for October.  And is the US going to get it early?

Reg

September 22, 2003, 22:35:24 pm #3 Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 00:05:11 am by Reg_Sweeting-Jones
Thanks for the info Stew.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Dave_Pierce

I see on the official site that the October 21st release date is just for us lucky sots who live in North America!  :o

See? There are even MORE advantages to being Canadian!!  ;D

Lee_Bool

QuoteI see on the official site that the October 21st release date is just for us lucky sots who live in North America!

Reg

September 22, 2003, 23:27:48 pm #6 Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 23:28:09 pm by Reg_Sweeting-Jones
Oh, and as someone else has pointed out - approx. 128 minutes?
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Ron

Congrats on the link on the official release page, Stew.  ;)
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Lee_Bool

September 23, 2003, 00:26:42 am #8 Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 01:24:01 am by Lee_Bool
QuoteJust echoing what Stu said - thanks for the info Stew - roll on November.

Is the CD delayed as late as this also or is that still scheduled for October.

Tom Garrett

speculating over, at least now we know.only a few weeks to wait 8)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Wim

Did send an email to Peter too, and got one back:

Hi Wim

Thanks for your email.

This is the second email that I have received about the omission of DTS 5.1 surround from the web release on Rush. I am trying to get to the bottom of this and will find out why the release doesn't include this.

Please be patient and I will respond to you tomorrow.

Thanks

Peter

Jan Thorsten G

How can sanctuary list the egodeath site as an essential rushlink????

Lex

Wim

September 23, 2003, 17:32:27 pm #12 Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 17:46:33 pm by beijs015
Just got this answer from Peter Noble:

Hi

I've just had confirmation from Sanctuary that the Rush DVD is in DTS 5.1. We are amending the release as I speak. Please spread the word.

Cheers

Peter

Wim

squintyt4e

If it helps at all, everything I've seen on the U.S. side of the pond as far as official press releases and promo sheets is that the U.S. release on Rounder/Zoe/Universal WILL INDEED be:

16x9 widescreen presentation, Dolby