Personal Avatars and the use there of.

Started by Stewart, August 20, 2003, 05:13:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to have to do this, but can you please ensure that any avatar that you are using, IF uploaded by yourself is yours to upload.

There are a few people on here who have avatars based on copyrighted images and as such you are not, by law, allowed to use these, no matter of the content.

Also whilst we're on the subject of avatars if you do upload your own please ensure that your name is part of the name, IE stewart.jpg. ace2112avatar.jpg, slim.jpg etc etc.

Thanks.

Reg

Done.  My avatar is my own creation, based of course, on Rush's "Hold Your Fire" album, and I don't think that the words "Hold Your Fire" can be copyrighted.

One day, I intend to replace this avatar anyway with version 2.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Mark_Williams

Yes - I got permission from the original artist of the punisher to use his work  ::)

Eric B

Mine is from the original illustrations for "Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain.  However, I don't think the copyright is still valid.

If it still makes you uncomfortable Stewart, I'll be happy to change it.

Higgy

Juni 2013....

Stewart

My opinion is that someone else already uses that one.

Higgy

Juni 2013....

Higgy

Juni 2013....

Tom Garrett

will i have disney of someone like that after me for using tigger?( my daughter picked it)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Stewart

No you'll be fine, as that avatar is one of the ones supplied with this forum Software, this applies to avatars that you upload.