How' s Alex gonna play all that acoustic live

Started by andyezra, May 02, 2007, 09:01:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

Quotemaybe he'll ask davey gilmour........

..the trombone player? ;D ;)

Norwegian

..the trombone player? ;D ;)

Electric trombone-player mate ;)
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Graham_Thomas

QuoteHow does he play the bottom neck on that? Has he got go-go-gadget arms?

He used his penis as a slide........ ;)

Granty Boy

Alex has also had a PRS equipped with some kind of piezo-pickup, which makes it able to sound both like an acoustic and electric guitar. I seem to recall he's used it live before...on Driven, perhaps? And also on Closer To The Heart, I think...

I think he used it on Natural Science on the RIR dvd.
Glasgow '92
London '04
Glasgow '04
Glasgow '07
Newcastle '07
Manchester '07
Dublin '11
Glasgow '11
London '11
Glasgow '13

hygge

I heard in an interview that Neil will trigger some guitar parts. He said he's now a drummer AND a guitarist. :) Hope it's not the solos though.  :P
2004-Glasgow SECC
2004-Globe Arena Row 1 (Lerxst)
2007-Glasgow SECC Row 2
2007-Newcastle Row 1 (Geddy)
2007-Sheffield Row 11
2007-Oslo Row 14
2007-Globe Arena Row 3 (Lerxst)
2011-Globe Arena Row 1 (Lerxst)
2011-Malmö Row 6
2011-Dublin Standing
2011-Glasgow Row 1 (Lerxst)

andyezra

when he says trigger I'm sure he'll pretend to but for them to be in time he must play with a click trak...ok he could trigger them but chances are they'll be on a hard drive playing with a click to Neil and generating machine code or synch to the lights/back projected film/gear midi triggers to change patches on fx etc...

Smithers

to be honest, who gives a feck how he does it, he will still be fecking awsome man  
Begin the day with a friendly voice...............

andyezra

true...it's the end sound that counts..although I'd like more of it to be live

BasspedalMan

Lerxst will no doubt make great use of his Piezo-equipped PRS's and I have no doubt he will be getting a Les Paul or two similarly equipped as we write....

If you have TFE Tour ROIO's listen to Half the World which has the Piezo mixed in with his Electric sound. The only difference would be in the dynamic of strummed guitar over a power-chord etc. but with seperate outputs for each sound and seperate amp-systems with clever delays etc. on the acoustic tone you can get a strummed effect. Lerxst is one of the best users of technology in the guitar world so I am expecting an absolute wall of lovely sounds in October :-)

Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

hazy

QuoteI heard in an interview that Neil will trigger some guitar parts. He said he's now a drummer AND a guitarist. :) Hope it's not the solos though.

The_Meek

They could always have a euchalali band in the background, and for an encore they could do 'When I'm cleaning windows' with Neil on the tin washboard.

Dave Brenchley

Quoteto be honest, who gives a feck how he does it, he will still be fecking awsome man
We're all here in celebration, this music's gonna make us strong....
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Chris Quartly

Thinking about it...... it might be the intro to far cry which neil helps with. He could trigger the distorted stabs along with his snare kits while alex plays the acoustic part.

Think you might be right there, interesting idea
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Thailand Express

The loud guitar solo bit in Main Monkey Business has a powerful stacatto rhythm guitar behind it, I fancy Neil might play that part on his electronic kit...

Norwegian

QuoteHe said he's now a drummer AND a guitarist. :) Hope it's not the solos though.  :P

Set up a "should Alex or Neil do the drumsolo"-poll, you might be surprised :P ;)
"Information does not kill you" - FZ