Set list gripers.

Started by JonL, September 10, 2004, 14:18:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

Stop it!!!! >:(

You have to remember that 99.9% of the people who go to the shows do not collect boots, and theefore have not heard the same songs played over the years on various tours, so it's a surprise for most.

Also, they have 3 albums that they never toured with in the UK, plus the ep, so there's a healthy chunk of the set list right there.
Just enjoy the event.

I'm starving myself of Rush today and tomorrow for a maxium Rush rush.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

JT

I don't collect boots and until Wednesday I hadn't seen them since '92. Does that mean I am allowed to gripe?

JonL

QuoteI don't collect boots and until Wednesday I hadn't seen them since '92. Does that mean I am allowed to gripe?

Suppose so ::)

I last saw them in'92 and do collect boots, but I won't gripe....apart from my Eucon ticket not arriving yet.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

JT

Suppose so ::)

Thanks!  ;) Right, where shall I start...  ;D

Andy Piercy

I'm a bit puzzled by this stuff about changing the set list. Some people have a very short memory.

Right from the start Rush have never been a band for changing the set list much, if at all. If you look back at previous tours they've never radically changed the set between tour legs or between the US and Europe or elsewhere. It was only on the T4E and VT tours that they introduced 'song rotation'. That was only for two or three songs and the experiment didn't last the whole of either tour.

Get over it people and enjoy!

JT

September 10, 2004, 15:20:28 pm #5 Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 15:20:45 pm by Tompy
QuoteI'm a bit puzzled by this stuff about changing the set list. Some people have a very short memory.

Right from the start Rush have never been a band for changing the set list much, if at all. If you look back at previous tours they've never radically changed the set between tour legs or between the US and Europe or elsewhere. It was only on the T4E and VT tours that they introduced 'song rotation'. That was only for two or three songs and the experiment didn't last the whole of either tour.

Get over it people and enjoy!
My problem is what's in the set in the first place, and only then does the fact that it doesn't change become a problem.

Andy Piercy

Ah well, that's slightly different isn't it. You know what they say, 'You can't please all of the Tompys all of the time'.   ;)

zoony

QuoteStop it!!!! >:(

You have to remember that 99.9% of the people who go to the shows do not collect boots, and theefore have not heard the same songs played over the years on various tours, so it's a surprise for most.

Also, they have 3 albums that they never toured with in the UK, plus the ep, so there's a healthy chunk of the set list right there.
Just enjoy the event.

I'm starving myself of Rush today and tomorrow for a maxium Rush rush.
Totally agree, see my MOAN MOAN MOAN post

Sary

And this particular opinion should have been posted in the spoiler section, me thinks... Just in case.