Solo stuff live

Started by Alexj, March 09, 2004, 03:51:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexj

I expect am in a minority here but I'd really like them to play some stuff  from MFH and maybe Victor.

I doubt they'd do it as I seem to remember an interview where they said they'd never play "Losing It" without Ben Mink so I guess the same applies to all the collaborators on their solo albums and I guess it would also be a little strange for the other 2 to play the other one's solo work.

Pity as there are some songs that I reckon would be fantastic live (especially on MFH which has some great basslines)

captainkurtz

No thanks!  Rush only!  ;D
Anger is a gift.

mwoody

same here, rush only. then maybe they could come back next year and do solo shows. yeh i know thats going a bit to far..........
/;

captainkurtz

March 09, 2004, 03:58:27 am #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 03:58:47 am by captainkurtz
Or maybe they could support themselves.

Rush + Special Guests Geddy Lee + Alex Lifeson.

As long as Neil doesn't get to do his Buddy Rich nonsense.
Anger is a gift.

The Letter R

You may get a small segment of Pieces of Eight in the drum solo ::)

dinnes2112

On the VT tour, they played a song from Victor and a song from MFH as "curtain music" at Toronto, Montreal & Quebec - that's as close as you'll get me-thinks....

Kite_Boy

QuoteOr maybe they could support themselves.
Rush + Special Guests Geddy Lee + Alex Lifeson.
Well Jethro Tull are doing a similar thing on their tour at the moment. Their support act is Martin Barre (Tull's lead guitarist) and his backing musicians are.... you've guessed it, the other members of Jethro Tull. Strange but true.

Fishy

nah rather they stuck to the rush stuff....
From the Land of Honest Men.

Neillwith2Ls

17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Slim

QuoteI expect am in a minority here but I'd really like them to play some stuff  from MFH and maybe Victor.

I'd love to hear some stuff from Victor personally, there's some very strong material on there, a lot of it would work brilliantly live.  But I honestly think that anything from MFH would kill the atmosphere of the gig stone dead - it's just flat :-/

I'm almost certain that they won't play anything from the solo albums though.

homerush

March 10, 2004, 03:59:46 am #10 Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 04:00:22 am by homerush
nah.