Power Windows - Album Discussion

Started by Nephronic, January 06, 2003, 06:35:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2020, 20:45:27 pmHas PW ever had a remix/reproduction job?
I think it was one of the "Remasters" releases from some while ago but that's about it.

Regardless, PoW is perfection.  Doesn't require any kind of tinkering. :)
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2020, 20:51:26 pmI think it was one of the "Remasters" releases from some while ago but that's about it.
Most of my CDs are the earlier 'neutron' label ones but I gave my PoW to a mate when I picked up a mint 'Remaster' for £1 in the local BHF charity shop...
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

DavidL

Quote from: Straight Shooter on January 15, 2020, 13:48:16 pmMost of my CDs are the earlier 'neutron' label ones but I gave my PoW to a mate when I picked up a mint 'Remaster' for £1 in the local BHF charity shop...
I wish I'd never replaced all of my originals for Remasters. I thought at the time 'louder' and 'punchier' was better. Wrong! In adhering to the fashion of the time (see "Loudness Wars"), dynamics were ditched.

captainkurtz

Quote from: DavidL on January 15, 2020, 14:45:13 pmI wish I'd never replaced all of my originals for Remasters. I thought at the time 'louder' and 'punchier' was better. Wrong! In adhering to the fashion of the time (see "Loudness Wars"), dynamics were ditched.
100% - glad I kept both originals and remasters...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Do you know what; reading this thread, it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever actually bought the CD. 

So I just checked and sure enough, while I have all the albums in LP or CD form - and mostly in both - the only version of PoW I have is the LP bought on its release (and currently in a protective sleeve in a secure location - yeah okay, that's  the loft). :)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 17, 2020, 00:32:45 amDo you know what; reading this thread, it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever actually bought the CD.

So I just checked and sure enough, while I have all the albums in LP or CD form - and mostly in both - the only version of PoW I have is the LP bought on its release (and currently in a protective sleeve in a secure location - yeah okay, that's  the loft). :)
So do you never listen to it?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Wasnt sure where to put this, but since Neil passed away I have listened to more Rush than I have in the last 5 years.

Does anyone else hear, in the guitar solo on Closer to the heart, the same tune that is in the old TV advert for British Lamb:-

"You Dont have to have mint sauce when you cook with British Lamb?"
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on January 17, 2020, 13:31:19 pmWasnt sure where to put this, but since Neil passed away I have listened to more Rush than I have in the last 5 years.

Does anyone else hear, in the guitar solo on Closer to the heart, the same tune that is in the old TV advert for British Lamb:-

"You Dont have to have mint sauce when you cook with British Lamb?"
Can't say I have mate. Have you got a link to it?

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on January 17, 2020, 09:23:56 amSo do you never listen to it?
It's been a long time.  I occasionally watch live performances of some of the songs while I'm browsing YouTube, but that's about it.

I actually don't currently own a record player; I have a good CD player, good bookshelf Wharfedale speakers but no amp!

I do need to buy the CD but the only way of playing it will be in the car or on the Blu-ray player. The latter is hooked up to a sound bar and sub so it should actually sound pretty punchy through that.  :)
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

good cheap amps go for peanuts on the E  ba y.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.