Power Windows - Album Discussion

Started by Nephronic, January 06, 2003, 06:35:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bez on October 09, 2019, 20:42:32 pmfecking babies the lot of you..... Everyone knows it was all downhill from Hemispheres....if you'd been old enough to understand you would agree... 8)
Not very often I actively agree with anybody, but this is a FACT.

FWIW PoW would make a reasonable four track EP
Legend in my own Mind

pxr5

I really didn't like Power Windows when it first came out, but it was HYF that turned me off Rush for a long time. I recall clearly buying HYF, putting on my turntable and getting half way through Force Ten and stopping it; that vinyl copy never to be played again (I still have it btw). More recently though, I can find good tracks on both those albums, still not my faves by any means.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Bisto

October 11, 2019, 18:39:23 pm #303 Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:59:42 am by Bisto
Power Windows  is a bonafide great 80's Rock album imho; everything else that Rush subsequently released after PW should only be judged on its merits as a Rush album (if you catch my drift)

If the final Rush tracks ever penned had been; 'The Pass' and 'Bravado' and these had replaced 'Tai Shan' and 'High Water' (on 'Hold Your Fire') I don't think many fans would have missed what came after, Clockwork Angels aside, though I really don't see what all the fuss is about there myself.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 11, 2019, 11:14:53 amLike Hemispheres is? :)
Hemispheres is a 100% Killer 0% Filler ALBUM
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Richard_2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 21, 2019, 13:07:51 pmhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTkACkEwY9E

these are apparently the demo versions of power windows
That was very interesting listening to. Fascinating to hear those songs without the input from Peter Collins
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

rufus the dawg

Nearly finished songs, It really shows what a wonderful band rush are

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Got to agree with the commentator that says Alex's guitar sounds waaaay too thin here. Interesting nevertheless.

rufus the dawg

On A show of hands Alex's guitar sound is much bigger.

I love the chainsaw sounding guitar on The Big Money.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 26, 2019, 20:59:54 pmI love the chainsaw sounding guitar on The Big Money.
Always thought that was their second best concert opener, after The R30 Overture of course.

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on October 21, 2019, 15:28:22 pminteresting.....
Indeed. Sounds even more 80s than the finished article, but I'm liking it.