Power Windows - Album Discussion

Started by Nephronic, January 06, 2003, 06:35:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

Jonners

Bits of it are woeful, the plinky plonky Chinese sounding bit is awful, but as a self confessed Synth era fanboi, the power chord orchestrated bits are lovely!
The new songs are an abomination

Fishy

anyway back to PW..i really can't think of a bad word to say about tracks 1-7.. also Lifeson's hair on the back cover is ace...

Jonners

Fade outs are my only gripe, but at least they are done well

I used to hate the synth bit at the start of territories playing over the drumming bit, sounded like it was done on a bontempi organ for girls. Now, I love it.....

Fishy

Not sure they could have done anything else but fade out Big Money the way it goes  .. the live version which "ends" is rubbish whereas the ending for Marathon is good..

Territories is just great..love the various guitar flavours throughout that song.. ace ...

Jonners

Like watching Al do the bass pedals on ASOH as well

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on November 14, 2013, 15:55:25 pm
Bits of it are woeful, the plinky plonky Chinese sounding bit is awful, but as a self confessed Synth era fanboi, the power chord orchestrated bits are lovely!

Isn't it on "companion in crap" HYF anyway.... :P
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

Fishy

Plenty to moan about on HyF...

Never really took to the opener.....TsT..bit timid... does ok from then on thru to Tai Shit.. weak closer..pleasant but weak..

Amos111

A gem like "Territories"! Tie between "Manhattan Project" and "Marathon" for faves.
Amos111

Matt2112

I like Tai Shan.  Why?  I refer you to the answer given by my right honourable friend some posts ago.

It certainly doesn't hamstring the album it's on like something like Rivendell does, put it that way.
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Christ, Rivendell..........

Painful listening

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on November 14, 2013, 18:24:29 pm
Christ, Rivendell..........

Painful listening

At least Rivendell can be put down to the folly of youth....there's no excuse for Tai Shan....its still on HYF you know... :P
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

what came first with Tai Shan.. lyrics..? if so i blame Peart for presenting lyrics about China which would immediately conjure up jingly jangly take-away music...

Thailand Express

Quote from: Fishy on November 14, 2013, 18:51:38 pm
what came first with Tai Shan.. lyrics..? if so i blame Peart for presenting lyrics about China which would immediately conjure up jingly jangly take-away music...

Xanadu? Lyrics came first there too  ;)