Another book: Wandering the Face of the Earth - The Official Touring History

Started by Thenop, March 10, 2019, 12:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bisto

Quote from: DavidL on December 06, 2019, 09:16:21 amOn the subject of Xmas:

https://burningshed.com/rush_moving-pictures-jigsaw_merchandise
Rush Merchandising is heading down the Kiss road now....it took a very long time but it looks as if the Sheckel finally dropped
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Nick

Quote from: Slim on October 31, 2019, 00:09:23 amThere was once a website dedicated to Rush tour dates and setlists, and on the face of it (I haven't seen it, but as described) this book is just an illustrated version of that, isn't it?
Yes, I recall printing them all out so probably have the book in the attic somewhere, might look it out when I search for the Xmas decorations.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

The Old Dog

Received this from amazon us as i had credit with them so it didn't really cost me ,but price wise $31 plus $5 for postage it would have worked out a bit cheaper (at the time) than the uk based amazon .. If your into facts and figures on where they played and how much some of the gigs grossed and how many attendees were there then yeah it's a worthwhile addition to the library. Some decent pics and anecdotes from various crew members ,it will make for a good stocking filler ,but if your a casual type of fan then this isn't really for you .It is a weighty tome and will most likely sit on a shelf gathering dust along with all the other rush books or for pressing flowers ,no doubt someone will digitize it somewhere at some point ..

DavidL

What it probably proves, if accurate, is that so-called 'sold out' tours are nothing of the sort. Although I take little pleaure, when it comes to Rush, in mentioning that fact!

The Old Dog

Quote from: DavidL on December 07, 2019, 22:40:00 pmWhat it probably proves, if accurate, is that so-called 'sold out' tours are nothing of the sort. Although I take little pleaure, when it comes to Rush, in mentioning that fact!
Don't think any band has ever had a sellout tour no matter how big they and no matter what the hype says

Bez

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Quote from: Bez on December 09, 2019, 08:20:29 amIts back up to £35 on Amazon... :-X
....and now back to £27.14....I'm convinced that someone is spying on me...

Bez

Bisto

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness