Album Discussions / Reviews

Started by Reg, November 19, 2004, 16:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

November 19, 2004, 16:42:32 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:20:29 pm by Reg
Many moons ago (nearly two years now), we did a weekly album discussion.

This thread will have links to all the discussions so new members can have a read / add their views should they wish.

Well.  A forum move removed a whole chunk of links and piccies, so I'm going to have to rebuild this as and when.  Can't remember if solo efforts were included before, but they are now if I find them . . .

Rush
Fly By Night
All The World's A Stage
A Farewell To Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Power Windows
Roll The Bones
My Favourite Headache
Victor
Vapor Trails
Live in Rio
Feedback
Snakes And Arrows
Retrospective III
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Presto-digitation

December 26, 2006, 13:35:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 14:19:31 pm by Presto-digitation
Great idea.

scounter

Gotta love seeing all the album covers lined up like that  8-)
Until Later

Slim

Quote from: Reg on November 19, 2004, 16:42:32 pm
Many moons ago (nearly two years now), we did a weekly album discussion.

This thread will have links to all the discussions so new members can have a read / add their views should they wish.

If any of the links don

Unfortunately, I think they all don

Slim

Anybody got a link to the official VT review thread? I've been meaning to post a review for about 6 years.

It's time.

Slim

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Chris Quartly

Maybe it's a good time to start all over again? Wouldn't be surprised if the review threads were buggered anyway.

1 album every 2 weeks?
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Reg

I've rebuilt what I could, but there's quite a few I can't find (Signals, Hour Fire, Counterparts, Moving Pictures, and more).

Matt2112

Quote from: Chris Quartly on September 08, 2009, 12:03:10 pm
Maybe it's a good time to start all over again? Wouldn't be surprised if the review threads were buggered anyway.

They are - about 99% of my epic Power Windows review appears to have been wiped.  :o

I'll have to do another one, all over again.

What a shame.  ::)  ;)  ;) ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D
The keys to happiness

Reg

Feck arse bastard. 

Still - I suppose I get to wax lyrical about Hold Your Fire again.

Any excuse. :)

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Reg on September 14, 2009, 10:51:33 am
Still - I suppose I get to wax lyrical about Hold Your Fire again.

Feck arse bastard.   ;)
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: Slim on August 06, 2009, 09:34:56 am
Anybody got a link to the official VT review thread? I've been meaning to post a review for about 6 years.

It's time.

Talking of album reviews Slim, i was reading your views on RUSH's work on your blog, and was wondering why you hadn't got around to doing them all, in particular Permanent Waves?

Slim

Laziness and procrastination, Rob. Appreciate the interest, though.