new interview with Geddy

Started by pdw1, October 05, 2020, 19:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on October 15, 2020, 02:00:32 amI decided to have a good old drink last night with a view to giving Victor a fair listen in the wee small hours. To be perfectly honest I might play it again tonight as it has stayed with me all day in any case. I am not too proud to concede that I was unfair in my recent criticism of this album. It was a great listen start to finish and an excellent choice for an unusually late mid-week night. The thing that surprised me most was the different textures and layers that I for some reason had missed in the past. I think from memory that Alex's son had a bit to do with the programming of the synthy arrangements on this and it certainly works. I now have to say that if I could only listen to Victor or MFH from now on in it would have to be Victor. Sometimes we get things wrong and perhaps it is because of allegiance and respect. However, I accept the baited hook, he is no Steve Harris, and most definitely did not hold the band back in any way. I have always felt that Geddy and Neil were the close musical bond. Alex is without doubt his best mate but I think Geddy had huge (if not more) respect for Neil. It doesn't tend to come up in articles these days but I remember Neil stating that at the audition Alex was in a bad mood and didn't take to Neil whereas Geddy accepted him immediately. Or is my memory playing tricks? Who knows? Weird night all round yesterday as having spent a day on the internet trying to find a Peavey T-40 Bass to replace the one I have always regretted selling in the 80s, out of the blue, a guitarist I played with at that time sent me a photo of me playing that same guitar. Spooky or what? Great night! If you have a Peavey T-40 in natural incidentally, please PM me.
lovely post . Good luck with finding that bass :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Jonners

There was definitely no bait on the Steve Harris comment. I genuinely believe Geddy had the firm hand on the tiller when it came to the band direction
The new songs are an abomination

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: Jonners on October 15, 2020, 11:12:46 amThere was definitely no bait on the Steve Harris comment. I genuinely believe Geddy had the firm hand on the tiller when it came to the band direction
No, no I wasn't referring to your post but one which came afterwards.

Bisto

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on October 15, 2020, 13:59:17 pmNo, no I wasn't referring to your post but one which came afterwards.
There are some strong (and odd) personalities and opinions on this forum, still. It's a shame you (and other recentky joined members) weren't active in its heyday to see it in all its glory before the pull of other Social Media platforms though Anna, it was great, an absolute blast; always interesting and entertaining, at times controversial, ribald, often hilarious and just great fun...mostly😁 and of course an essential resource for Rush news. I can't imagine not being an active member, long may it continue.😎
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: Bisto on October 17, 2020, 14:53:28 pmThere are some strong (and odd) personalities and opinions on this forum, still. It's a shame you (and other recentky joined members) weren't active in its heyday to see it in all its glory before the pull of other Social Media platforms though Anna, it was great, an absolute blast; always interesting and entertaining, at times controversial, ribald, often hilarious and just great fun...mostly😁 and of course an essential resource for Rush news. I can't imagine not being an active member, long may it continue.😎
I remember those days well. I've had a few computer meltdowns and changes of email addresses over the piece and for whatever reason I've switched usernames from time to time. My details show me joining in 2009 but it was much earlier than this and as older identities seem to be deleted I looked to the date a friend joined on my recommendation and that was 2006. I've mentioned before that I used to visit the site in dial-up days using my first Gateway computer, so that couldn't have been yesterday either. I didn't understand how to navigate the site back then (I couldn't even work a PC) so I didn't realise it was something you could join or contribute to. When the penny finally dropped I would make the occasional post but was never prolific but still chipped in a few bob towards the site running costs. I remember well how busy and scathing comments could be and I think I stayed away for a long time after a couple of harmless but stinging comments, meant in jest but which I wasn't in the right place to deal with in the way I should have and would now i.e give as good as you get.

My explanation to Jonners was worded in that way because I'm not a clipe. Look it up! :)

zoony

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on October 17, 2020, 21:31:43 pmI remember those days well. I've had a few computer meltdowns and changes of email addresses over the piece and for whatever reason I've switched usernames from time to time. My details show me joining in 2009 but it was much earlier than this and as older identities seem to be deleted I looked to the date a friend joined on my recommendation and that was 2006. I've mentioned before that I used to visit the site in dial-up days using my first Gateway computer, so that couldn't have been yesterday either. I didn't understand how to navigate the site back then (I couldn't even work a PC) so I didn't realise it was something you could join or contribute to. When the penny finally dropped I would make the occasional post but was never prolific but still chipped in a few bob towards the site running costs. I remember well how busy and scathing comments could be and I think I stayed away for a long time after a couple of harmless but stinging comments, meant in jest but which I wasn't in the right place to deal with in the way I should have and would now i.e give as good as you get.

My explanation to Jonners was worded in that way because I'm not a clipe. Look it up! :)
What were your previous usernames then?

Slim

Quote from: Jonners on October 15, 2020, 11:12:46 amThere was definitely no bait on the Steve Harris comment. I genuinely believe Geddy had the firm hand on the tiller when it came to the band direction
None on the comment that Geddy might very well have held the band back, either. Just expressing a sincere opinion, and the strong evidence for that is all over Victor.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.