Full English

Started by Nick, September 13, 2020, 20:54:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Not a BREXIT thread but have we discussed what constitutes a "full English breakfast"? I saw this £19 Gordon Ramsey effort https://twitter.com/GordonRamsay/status/1305055230997004290?s=20 and was quite shocked knowing Ramsey is supposed to be some sort of perfectionist, I can get better in my local cafe for half the price.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

September 13, 2020, 21:26:43 pm #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 21:28:43 pm by DavidL
Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2020, 20:54:12 pmNot a BREXIT thread but have we discussed what constitutes a "full English breakfast"? I saw this £19 Gordon Ramsey effort https://twitter.com/GordonRamsay/status/1305055230997004290?s=20 and was quite shocked knowing Ramsey is supposed to be some sort of perfectionist, I can get better in my local cafe for half the price.
Hmmm. If that's a gravy boat of baked beans on the left of the picture, the potty-mouthed, weave-wearing, football-reject saves his bottoxed boat a little. In my book, an english doesn't cut it without beans. I'd always be disappointed if the toast is not on the plate too. Plenty of bacon though.

pxr5

Nïckslïkk2112

No Black Pudding?
Where's the Fried Bread?
Where's the Brown Sauce? (Not HP, that's made in Euroscumland)

At least there aren't any Hash Browns. Hash Browns have no place in an ENGLISH breakfast, they belong with the Merkin scum's breakfast.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

With my healthier eating regime nowadays, this would be what I would like as an English breakfast;

Grilled bacon
Hash browns
Mushrooms 
Beans
Tomatoes
Poached or scrambled eggs
Toast (wholemeal or seeded brown)

Matt2112

Looks like a kid's portion.

Full English breakfasts have their place, as long as there's no tomatoes of any kind.

I prefer omelettes meself.  They do them with 5 eggs in the US of States!  Best breakfast EVAH!!  :D
The keys to happiness

Straight Shooter

Some haggis wouldn't go amiss!  :-X

<ducks for cover>  ;D
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Straight Shooter on September 14, 2020, 00:49:15 amSome haggis wouldn't go amiss!  :-X

<ducks for cover>  ;D
That would be for a full Scottish ;)
Happily had the Haggis with brekkers last time I was in Embra.

And to young Matt2112, I don't like grilled tomatoes in a breakfast, but accept them for being an essential part. Sooner have tinned ones.

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 14, 2020, 00:28:05 amLooks like a kid's portion.

Full English breakfasts have their place, as long as there's no tomatoes of any kind.

I prefer omelettes meself.  They do them with 5 eggs in the US of States!  Best breakfast EVAH!!  :D
Grilled, fresh tomato = acceptable
Tinned tomatoes = yuk! (I always swap out for beans if that is an option)

5-egg US omelettes? From chickens that wash in chlorine? 😁😉

Bez

Ramsay has rightly copped some stick for this...

A full English should contain enough stuff to fill up on for at least 6-8 hours...I'd be hungry after 2 - 3 on this.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 14, 2020, 00:54:03 amThat would be for a full Scottish ;)
Eggsactly!

Mind you, would need some 'square' (lorne) sausage as well  :)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on September 14, 2020, 08:19:17 amGrilled, fresh tomato = acceptable
Tinned tomatoes = yuk! (I always swap out for beans if that is an option)

5-egg US omelettes? From chickens that wash in chlorine? 😁😉
:D

On reflection, yes, agreed about tomatoes there on both counts.

There was this place in Lancaster, California, at the gateway to the Mojave Desert, where I had those omelettes - it gets so hot there they could have made them using a pan on a table in the back yard.
The keys to happiness

The Old Dog

Yesterday at 20:06:46 #12 Last Edit: Yesterday at 20:08:29 by The Old Dog
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 14, 2020, 00:54:03 amThat would be for a full Scottish ;)

This is the only full Scottish ,and it's a lot better for you than an artery clogging fry up ,plus it also has the benefit of a good clearout later on  ;) and none of yer southern rubbish wi sugar added ,either with salt or not I personally have it without salt ..

Nïckslïkk2112

That's my winter post cycling supper is that. No sugar either - Golden Syrup :)

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Nick

Tend to go Canadian with a bit of maple syrup and a few berries when I go the porridge route.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.