TdF 2020

Started by Bez, August 27, 2020, 17:44:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

yep, they are brave guys.

I have had back problems too, although they have manifested themselves more in foot pain and arse pain, and some hip too, which is a sciatica problem. I know what to do though if it flares back up

Its good someone else will win it though. I dont like the sport, but presume its a bit like Mercedes winning F1 year after year. A change would be good, even if they are the best, so deserve to win
The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on September 16, 2020, 12:25:22 pmGreat story! Love stuff like that
Cant believe Ineos would have gone in with just Bernal as a leader if they knew he was crocked, unless they were hoping for better from Carapaz who is a Grand Tour Winner himself

I dont think Froome would have been anywhere this year, this Tour has blatantly proved it is a young mans sport
Carapaz was definitely the option. They pulled him out of defending the Giro to enter him...

I agree about Froome. I can't see him doing anything in the Vuelta
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

I forgot to mention Sam Bennett earlier. Great performance to be in the lead of the points competition. Did well today to stay in touch up the first climb to pick up points in the sprint from Sagan again...

He's on my betting slip as an e/w as well ;D

Paz2112

Quote from: Bez on September 16, 2020, 15:01:09 pmCarapaz was definitely the option. They pulled him out of defending the Giro to enter him...

I agree about Froome. I can't see him doing anything in the Vuelta
He's crushing this climb at the moment

Bez

Quote from: Paz2112 on September 16, 2020, 17:04:48 pmHe's crushing this climb at the moment
Dan out of gas in the end....great effort though.

Roglic has been the man to beat since the start and proved the point again today. 

The others need something really special tomorrow because he's going to boss the TT....

Jonners

Towards the end of the highlights, there was an overghead shot, and the Jumbo team were all there in a line, bossing it up that last (ridiculous) climb

Imagine they can and will be the new Team Sky fo rthe next couple of years if they keep doing that!

As an aside, not sure if anyone here has done 18% or 24% climbs ( Simmers will have ) but they are absolutely ridiculous. Apart from the fact that they nearly make your lungs and heart burst, I always panic that my pedals are going to snap off!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on September 17, 2020, 10:31:49 amAs an aside, not sure if anyone here has done 18% or 24% climbs ( Simmers will have ) but they are absolutely ridiculous.
As far as possible I try not to! But, living where I do these things can catch you out - why are they never as steep going downhill - my biggest fear is coming to a standstill and toppling over before I can unclip.

I really don't like any sustained climbing at over 12% and I've hit parts where if you sit back in the saddle you start doing a wheelie. Me no like.

Interesting to hear Boardman say the other day that the Grupetto will actually be climbing more quickly than good club riders. Chapeau to the lot of them.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Nïckslïkk2112

Nice to see JV riding Celeste today

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

Bez

Wow!

£133 win on Podacar courtesy of a £10 free bet

A few quid to come on Sam Bennett tomorrow

8)

pdw1

That was just incredible
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

DavidL

Didn't see it live, just watched the highlights without knowing the result. What a ride!

Nïckslïkk2112

Wow! It's not over until the day before it's over.

Cripes, I'm so old I can remember when the final stage wasn't processional...

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 20, 2020, 01:00:09 amWow! It's not over until the day before it's over.

Cripes, I'm so old I can remember when the final stage wasn't processional...
I don't think today will change that tbh

Bez

The last stage is a loss of bollocks.....

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on September 20, 2020, 10:54:05 amThe last stage is a loss of bollocks.....
Bit harsh on the riders Bez! Surely a sound reprimand and try harder next time would suffice