Devon

Started by Bisto, July 21, 2020, 01:06:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pricey

exciting times bisto , hope things are tickety boo for you.
I'm older than I wish to be

Bisto

We moved in a couple of days ago. Couldn't have done it without the very generous help of Dan Shooter, aka Captain Beardy, formerly of this Parish. It will probably take us a week or two to unpack but at least we're here.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

döm

Quote from: Bisto on November 22, 2020, 14:48:10 pmWe moved in a couple of days ago. Couldn't have done it without the very generous help of Dan Shooter, aka Captain Beardy, formerly of this Parish. It will probably take us a week or two to unpack but at least we're here.
From my experience of moving this Summer I'd say a week or 2 is a tad optimistic, but congratulations!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

pdw1

Quote from: Bisto on November 22, 2020, 14:48:10 pmWe moved in a couple of days ago. Couldn't have done it without the very generous help of Dan Shooter, aka Captain Beardy, formerly of this Parish. It will probably take us a week or two to unpack but at least we're here.
Brilliant news. Congratulations.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

So which village in the back of beyond have you moved to?

zoony

Nice one mate, hope you settle in quickly and enjoy the new adventure. Give my regards to Beardy the next time you see him.

Bisto

Quote from: döm on November 22, 2020, 14:52:47 pmFrom my experience of moving this Summer I'd say a week or 2 is a tad optimistic, but congratulations!
You're probably right döm. We've literally just finished putting put (most of) the boxes in their correct rooms.

We've had an overwhelmingly warm welcome so far from the neighbours with only one negative encounter, which was prompted by me parking one of our large vans on near by farmer's private road overnight (it was pitch black by the time we arrived, with no street lighting and an uneven, winding dirt track with very little room to manoeuvre or park so we had no other safe option unfortunately)

Something I didn't anticipate before we moved here is just how strict and tight North Devon Council is regarding refuse collection and recycling. It's going to take several months to dispose of our used packing boxes and bubble wrap at this rate

We went to see the next addition to the family yesterday; a gorgeous 3 week old English Bulldog bitch, who will be ready to collect the week before Christmas, whom we have named "Dolly P" ....after the prodigiously talented, coiffured and chested C&W Singer/Songwriter; Dolly Parton.

We stopped at a Farm Shop on the way back and filled our small fridge with goodies, some of which were served up tonight for tea; a superb fry(grill) up accompanied by toasted, malted bread with local home made butter and a pot of English breakfast tea...it was honestly the best fry up I've ever tasted.

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bisto

Quote from: pdw1 on November 22, 2020, 15:32:11 pmBrilliant news. Congratulations.
Thanks Patrick, it was very stressful, so worth it though!

pdw1

Quote from: Bisto on November 22, 2020, 20:34:54 pmThanks Patrick, it was very stressful, so worth it though!
Really pleased for you  8) . Not sure about your choice of dog though  ::)
I guess it means I wont have a gig buddy for loud metal gigs in London  :'(

Nick

Welcome to the County, remember it's jam on top!
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bisto

Quote from: pdw1 on November 22, 2020, 15:36:27 pmSo which village in the back of beyond have you moved to?
Milltown, Muddiford; we're on the (formerly) Muddy Ford side of the road that runs through the Hamlet. There are about a dozen houses near us but probably 40-50 houses in our area altogether. There are no shops in the area but Barnstaple is about 10 minutes drive away and were on a bus route

Bisto

Quote from: Nick on November 22, 2020, 20:59:32 pmWelcome to the County, remember it's jam on top!
😊👍🏻

Bisto

November 22, 2020, 21:46:17 pm #72 Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 21:54:10 pm by Bisto
Quote from: pdw1 on November 22, 2020, 20:46:05 pmReally pleased for you  8) . Not sure about your choice of dog though  ::) 

Quote from: pdw1 on November 22, 2020, 20:46:05 pmHa! Well we do have two French Bulldogs already....I suppose an Italian greyhound would have been more appropriate than the Frenchies actually 🤔

Quote from: pdw1 on November 22, 2020, 20:46:05 pmI guess it means I wont have a gig buddy for loud metal gigs in London  :'(

Sorry dude, I think my loud metal gigging days are pretty much done now; between the Lockdowns, my feet, ankle, knee and back issues, along with my listening habits of the last few years, there are precious few Metal bands I'd make the effort for these days,.....Trouble and Tool for sure!....but I can't think of any others that I'd put myself out for off the top of my head, not that there's a huge choice of gigs currently

These days I'm more into Prog and Fusion and gigs with a comfortable seat, decent viewing position and a good PA and Acoustics. If and when I get an urge to hear Metal I think I will get by fine with YouTube, Tidal and my own CDs and albums.

Slim

Quote from: döm on November 22, 2020, 14:52:47 pmFrom my experience of moving this Summer I'd say a week or 2 is a tad optimistic, but congratulations!
Yes, best of luck with that, Andrew. I still have stuff in boxes in the garage, as yet unpacked, from 2009.

Congrats!
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.